How We Collect Information from You
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for or order a Service; when a company, organization or individual authorizes you to manage its account or use our Services on its behalf; and/or when you subscribe to a newsletter, provide feedback about our Services or contact us with questions or comments about a Service.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of our Services
We collect certain technical information using cookies and other tracking mechanisms to help us operate and provide our Services to you. This information includes, without limitation:
- Information about the systems and device(s) you use to access our Services, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers;
- Information about your visits to the Websites, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Websites (including date and time);
- Information about your use of our mobile apps, including the information you view in our mobile apps and the date and time you view it;
- Information to facilitate your use of our Services (including to provide access to third-party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details; and
- Pages you view or search for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you decline to have us collect such information (for example, by disabling cookies; see Cookies & Other Tracking Mechanisms below), we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Information We Collect about You from Third Parties
Our Services may also, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect with us through a social media platform and when you do, and to the extent available, we may collect additional information from you, such as your user names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social
media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms and encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
We may combine the information we collect about you from the various sources described above.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use any information we collect, including personal information and technical information, as described to you at the time of collection, for the following purposes:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our Services. Operating and improving our Services (e.g., administration, troubleshooting, managing account access, protecting security); evaluating our Services; developing new features, products, or services; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Tailoring content. Personalizing the information and content we display to you, including marketing, promotional and sponsored content and advertising within the Services.
- Marketing and communications. Contacting you directly about your use of an account or Service for which you are registered; providing you with information about products or services, from us or third parties that may interest you; serving advertisements to you; and responding to your requests, feedback or questions.
- Research and analytics. Researching and analyzing how you interact with our Services, including to monitor usage and activity trends and for statistical purposes; creating reports for customers that may include both aggregate trends and the organizations that are viewing their releases, or accessing our Services or customer websites or otherwise using our Services; and measuring or understanding the effectiveness of content, communications, Website visits, web traffic, our Services, or advertising we or our customers serve to you and other customers like you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and other customers like you.
- Legal compliance. Complying with laws, regulations and requests from law enforcement or other governmental entities; carrying out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and using
as evidence in litigation.
- Protecting rights and interests. Protecting the safety, rights or property of Online PR Media or any third party; investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing activity that Online PR Media, in its sole discretion, may consider to be or pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity.
We may also create aggregate or anonymous information about your and other users’ use of our Services for purposes similar to those listed above.
How Your Information May Be Shared
We will not sell your personal information or share your personal information with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes.
We may share any information, including personal information as follows:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates, including any future subsidiaries or affiliates;
- With our service providers and sub-contractors to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us provide our Services (e.g., we use a third-party platform for e-mail and cannot communicate with you without disclosing your e-mail address to our third-party e-mail provider);
- With a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of any of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, including during planning or negotiations of such sale or transfer;
- With a third party with whom we must legally share information about you;
- With the company or organization you represent upon their request;
- With you or other third parties with your express consent;
- To comply with any court order, valid subpoena, law or legal process,
including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To protect our assets or rights, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Online PR Media, our customers or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- With any other entity disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous data for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your personal information, we will take reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Cookies & Other Tracking Mechanisms
Do Not Track Disclosure
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in the Cookies & Other Tracking Mechanisms section above (e.g., by disabling cookies). You also may opt out of certain behavioral advertising by following the instructions in the Your Choices section below.
- Opting out of marketing communications. You may receive certain promotional or informational communications from us. Where required by law, promotional communications will be sent only with your consent. You can opt out of promotional e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mails. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You may, however, continue to receive these e-mails relating to your account or our Services, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
- Opting out of behavioral advertising. Y ou may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org. Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or any third-party services. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). If your browser is configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Please note that if you use multiple devices you will have to opt out on each individual device.
- Opting out of telemarketing. Where required by law, you will be contacted via telemarketing only with your consent. You may opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts by requesting us to remove you from our direct telemarking list. Please note that opting out from our direct telemarketing contacts does not limit us from contacting you for other purposes, including those contacts that are reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services. If you decide to opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts, allow a reasonable time for us to process your request and do not hesitate to contact us at Support@onlineprmedia.com if you encounter any problems with your request. The FTC and other agencies also maintain a National Do Not Call Registry at donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx. By registering your number with the FTC may also limit our direct marketing contacts to that number.
- Accessing, updating or deleting your personal information. We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. You may access, update or delete your information (or in some cases object to its processing) at any time by following directions available on the registration page for the applicable Service or emailing us at email@example.com.
Securing Your Personal Information
The security of your information is important to Online PR Media, and we have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against theft or misuse. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information from unauthorized third parties, Online PR Media cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. Thus, your use of the Services and communications with us is at your own risk. You are responsible for protecting your username(s) and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
Our Services are directed to working professionals. Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age or the relevant age of majority, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under that age. If you are under 13 years of age or the age of majority, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us.
Third-Party I nformation Collection
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites and services, including those of social media platforms, partner networks and advertisers. Please note that these websites and services may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies of any third parties. If you chose to access any websites or services linked from our Services, please check the applicable policies before you use or submit any personal information to such website or service.
Third parties unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Services. We do not have control over these third-party collection practices and advise you to adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins if you wish to minimize these third party collections.
Personal Information Received from the EU/EEA and/or Switzerland
Personal information is transferred to Online PR Media in the US from the EU under one of the following scenarios:
- Processor: Online PR Media is a provider of software, services and tools intended to help customers manage all aspects of their marketing and PR campaigns. Online PR Media does not own or control any of the information it processes on behalf of its customer. All such information is owned and controlled by Online PR Media’s customer. In this capacity, Online PR Media receives information transferred from the EU to the US merely as a processor on behalf of its customer, although such information may not be required by Online PR Media.
- Data Controller: Online PR Media also provides information products designed to help customers research and plan their campaigns more effectively. In this function, Online PR Media acts as a data controller of the personal information contained in these products and processes this personal information as described in this Policy in the US, a country that does not have the same level of protection for personal data as the EEA or Switzerland. Online PR Media maintains a media database containing personal information on EU media contacts, and such individuals can have such information removed from our database. This information does not include sensitive information such as data about race, sexual orientation, or religion. This information is transferred to the US on the basis of consent, or European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses, and may be further transferred to our customers and to third party service providers located in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, which do not have the same level of protection for personal data as the EEA or Switzerland, for the purposes described in this Policy.
Online PR Media
1750 Locust Street
Reno Nevada 89502