Clear Channel announces a significant expansion of their digital deployment
plans with Amscreen in 2018
Online PR News – 20-October-2017 – London – • New Europe-wide deal between Amscreen and Clear Channel International
• Extends existing partnerships that has seen the delivery of 2500+ digital outdoor displays in the UK
• Deal includes expansion into 16 new countries
• Represents a drive towards digitisation and standardisation across Clear Channel International’s network
Clear Channel International has announced a new partnership with Amscreen that will include the provision of digital outdoor displays for a European-wide deployment.
This new deal will see further expansion across 16 new country markets. This follows 3 years of digital out of home (DOOH) deployments in the UK market where the total DOOH revenue now represents 50% of all OOH revenues.
The deal reflects Clear Channel’s move towards greater digitisation of their international network while standardising the technology across countries to deliver more operational efficiencies.
The global outdoor advertising business’s European territories include Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Switzerland and the UK.
William Eccleshare, Clear Channel International CEO commented “We have been working with Simon and the Amscreen team for several years now. This deal has come about, not simply due to the speed of deployment and quality of display, but thanks to Amscreen’s full-service solution and their constructive approach to this partnership, which has made this work so well.”
Eccleshare continues; “In the UK, more than 50% of our revenues are now derived from our digital estate thanks to the creativity, flexibility and contextual relevance it offers brands. We are looking to replicate these capabilities with greater operational efficiency and offer these stunning displays to our advertisers across Europe.”
The soon to launch, standardised double sided 75” screen product will offer Clear Channel International’s business units more efficient deployments across roadside, bus-shelter and outdoor retail environments. The displays have been developed to create base-product standardisation while also providing the opportunity for exterior customisations for the local market’s specific needs. This new product will benefit from a range of new innovations and investments that are all aligned to ensure shorter lead times and reliability on the street. These include:
- UK / European assembly and engineering base driving shorter lead times
- Simple, bespoke rapid installation jigs for minimum on-street disruption
- Modular design to speed repair, replacement and customisation
- Heat, air-flow and moisture management innovations as part of the Smart Suite® of solutions including Smart Maintenance®, Smart Exchange® and Smart Environmentals®
- RDM®, a patented remote device management software system for automated optimisation and real-time review and maintenance
Simon Sugar, CEO Amscreen said “Since 2014 we’ve been working as one with the Clear Channel UK team, where every element has been built to provide a simple, rapid and reliable deployment and operations. We have also managed to smash the standard industry lead times down to just 6 weeks. This of course brings with it a solid competitive advantage for new tenders for where local municipalities are looking to work with a fast, proven no-fuss solution. We are incredibly proud to have achieved this with Clear Channel UK and now looking forward to seeing these units across mainland Europe.”