BigCommerce, the leading provider of integrated marketing and shopping cart software, today announced it has reached its first growth milestone since launching in September 2009: 10,000 paying clients.
Online PR News – 14-January-2011 – – Austin, TX, January 14, 2011 - BigCommerce, the leading provider of integrated marketing and shopping cart software, today announced it has reached its first growth milestone since launching in September 2009: 10,000 paying clients. More impressively, this growth was obtained organically - the company is bootstrapped, profitable and is growing faster than both new and entrenched players in the shopping cart software space.
“BigCommerce is the first and only e-commerce marketing platform that makes it easy to not only setup a beautiful online store, but also promote it to tens of thousands of potential customers by selling your products on Facebook, eBook, Shopzilla and of course, your own online store - all from the one solution,” said Mitchell Harper, co-founder of BigCommerce.
E-commerce is on the rise from both a shopper and merchant perspective and according to the latest statistics from research firm Forrester, they’re just as optimistic:
• E-commerce sales will grow to $250 billion by 2014, up from $172 billion in 2010
• E-commerce sales will represent 8 percent of all retail sales in the U.S. by 2014, up from 6 percent in 2009
• $917 billion of retail sales were “web influenced” in 2010
“Every year it’s getting easier and more compelling to buy online instead of visiting a retail store,” said Eddie Machaalani, co-founder of BigCommerce. “Innovation in the shopping cart software space combined with social media means we’re seeing both young and old take advantage of online buying opportunities like never before.”
In 2010 BigCommerce released over 100 new features to keep their customers at the forefront of innovation, many designed to increase sales and marketing opportunities for merchants, including:
• Socialshop: A free Facebook application which allows BigCommerce merchants to sell their products on Facebook.
• eBay Selling Integration: BigCommerce clients can effortlessly list their products for sale on eBay while processing orders from their BigCommerce control panel.
• InstantAdd Suggestive Cart: Shows related products to shoppers as they begin the checkout process. Designed to increase average order value.
“We see 2011 as the year when shopping cart software such as BigCommerce is no longer optional for retailers if they want to compete. Any retail B2C business that doesn’t yet have an online store is leaving money on the table and it’s our job to help them succeed,” said Harper.