HITECH Answers, a leader in providing vendor neutral analysis and education on the HITECH Act, transitions its web-based subscription model to membership to a Virtual Extension Center (VEC).
Online PR News – 07-January-2011 – – Since March of 2009, HITECH Answers has offered vendor neutral education of the HIITECH Act as a web-based subscription to recorded presentations. Now, HITECH Answers is transitioning from this subscription model to that of a Virtual Extension Center (VEC), creating a membership portal for Eligible Professionals and Hospitals needing ongoing support in implementing an EHR system to meet meaningful use criteria.
"For almost two years now we've been an independent source for education on the HITECH Act. The time for analyzing the HITECH Act has ended", said Carol Flagg, Managing Partner of HITECH Answers. "Our purpose is similar to that of the Regional Extension Centers in that we support providers in adoption of a certified EHR system that meets meaningful use criteria, Given the sheer number of health care providers needing significant help and guidance through this process, it just made sense that we transition our existing web-based subscription model to function as a virtual extension center."
This Virtual Extension Center, or VEC, will support specialists, hospitals and eligible professionals looking for education and analysis throughout the HITECH life cycle in a 100% virtual environment thereby widening the education circle and opportunity for all EPs and EHs.
Membership is free for qualifying Eligible Professionals and Hospitals and includes:
- Meaningful Use for EPs and EHs – Live webinar events hosted twice a month that focus specifically on the details for achieving Stage 1 meaningful use for EPs and EHs.
- Live web casts on topics ranging from tax implications for incentives, ICD-10 migration, and HIPAA security assessment to the pros and cons of SaaS, EHR contract negotiation, change management in workflow and more.
- Attendance to live webcast interviews and presentations from leading national experts.
- Access to exclusive white papers and research.
- Direct access to independent experts to help answers specific questions.
To learn more about membership to HITECH Answers Virtual Extension Center visit: www.hitechanswers.net/become-a-member
# # #
HITECH Answers is a leading resource for healthcare providers seeking education and information on implementation of an EHR system to meet meaningful use. We partner with leading independent experts to educate members on meaningful use, CMS incentives, HIPAA and other EHR adoption-related areas. Find more information at: www.hitechanswers.net