Syntheway introduces Virtual Sitar for VST hosts based on mastered sitar samples recorded with special equipment in a low noise environment.
Online PR News – 25-October-2009 – – Syntheway Virtual Sitar VSTi was designed for creating a variety of Sitar sounds based on the real Indian instrument (*).
- Mastered sitar samples recorded with special equipment in a low noise environment. Full length sustain, no loops (natural decay).
- Includes 18 predefined sounds.
- Optimized CPU and memory usage.
- ADSR envelope generator with Attack, Sustain, Decay and Release parameters and several modulation targets.
- Multiple-Mode Filter: The values are automatically computed when you select any of the filter types. Filter switch includes: LP (Low pass), BP (Band pass), HP (High pass), notch, peak, low pass and high pass shelving filter with adjustable cutoff and bandwidth.
- Variable room simulation. Reverb effect can control the "room ambience".
- MIDI Automation: Added complete MIDI CC#.
(*) The Sitar is a Hindustani classical stringed instrument which utilizes sympathetic strings along with regular strings and a gourd resonating chamber to produce a very distinctive sound. It was popularized by "legendary sitar virtuoso" and composer Ravi Shankar in the 1960s.
Direct URL to the product’s web page:
A demo version of Syntheway Virtual Sitar VSTi is available at:
For more information about Syntheway Virtual Sitar VST, visit their web site at
# # #