New Board of Directors Elected for the Miami Valley Chapter of the Grant Professionals Association
Online PR News – 04-January-2011 – – Grant Professionals Association of the Miami Valley, Ohio
Elects 2011-2012 Board of Directors
Dayton, OH, January 3, 2011--The Miami Valley Chapter of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA), a nonprofit membership association that supports an international community of grant professionals has elected its board members for the upcoming year. Known as the Grant Professionals Association of the Miami Valley (GPAMVO), the local chapter was the second GPA chapter in the country and has been serving the Greater Dayton area since 2004.
GPAMVO is proud to announce five members, including two new members of the board of directors, serving a two-year term of 2011-2012. On December 7, 2010, the following members were voted onto the board of directors, including two officers and three at-large members:
• Genevieve Richardson, Grants Specialist at the Dayton Metro Library (GPAMVO Vice President)
• Belinda Orrill, Development Associate/Grants at The Children’s Medical Center of Dayton (GPAMVO Treasurer)
• Deborah Combs, Independent Grant Writer (GPAMVO at-large member)
• Kimberly Elahab, Prospect Research Specialist at Wright State University (GPAMVO at-large member)
• Audrey Treasure, Assistant Director of Development at Antioch University Midwest (GPAMVO at-large member)
GPAMVO builds and supports an international community of grant professionals committed to serving the greater public good by practicing the highest ethical and professional standards. The Chapter strives to:
1. Serve as a leading authority and resource for the practice of grantsmanship in all sectors of the field.
2. Advance the field by promoting professional growth and development.
3. Enhance the public image and recognition of the profession within the greater philanthropic, public, and private funding communities.
4. Promote positive relationships between grant professionals and stakeholders.
“We encourage anyone in the Miami Valley region who is interested in the grants profession to attend a chapter meeting. Meetings are chock full of professional development and networking opportunities all geared towards enhancing each organization’s capacity to successfully compete for grant funding,” said Andrea Hoff, GPAMVO President.
Meetings are the first Tuesday of every month and are open to the community, both members and non-members. No meeting is conducted in July. Meetings are held at Montgomery County Children Services, 3304 North Main Street, Dayton, Ohio. The cost to attend meetings is $10 for GPA Members and $15 for non-members. The cost includes lunch and one Social Worker CPE.
For more information visit www.gpamiamivalley.org or contact Andrea Hoff, GPAMVO President at 937-496-7622.