Annual list honors independent and major label music artists
Online PR News – 25-June-2017 – Los Angeles, CA – Ten music artists from Canada, the U.S.A., the U. K. and beyond are being recognized as among 'The Best of Summer Listening, 2017,' American publicist, Fran Briggs announced today. Genres include smooth jazz; reggae; blues; gospel; country; pop, rock and hip-hop.
"Honorees are independent and major label music artists who represent both legendary and new talent," explained Briggs. "The grooves are tight, and the instrumentals are smooth. That's why listeners will dance, finger-snap, and toe-tap. But they will also listen quietly with admiration and appreciation. That's what makes the list fun from start, to finish," she concluded.
For those who find multiple genres and signature sounds irresistible, 'The Best of Summer Listening, 2017' is likely to keep your attention. The promotional listing is indicative of the depth and breadth of the industry. It's a dynamically diverse collaboration of extraordinary voices and distinguished instrumentation. Consideration as an honoree was initiated by submissions from each artist or their management.
The 'Best of Summer Listening, 2017' is organized by Album/CD, or EP/Single, and the artist's name. The producer is in parentheses. It also includes the genre(s) and a link for additional information and purchase. The numerical order does not indicate the ranking.
1. EP/Single: Abba/Father by Polly Taylor (Verdena Charla'yne "Polly" Taylor, PollyTunes Productions, LLC) Genre: urban contemporary, gospel/christian, contemporary/inspirational http://www.Pollytunes.com
2. CD/Album: Cover Girl by Josh Gracin Genre: country http://www.amazon.com
3. EP/Single: Joy Ridin Journey by DeeJazz (DeeJazz) Genre: new age-progressive, jazz-contemporary DeeJazz.com" target="_blank" class="highlight_link" rel="nofollow">http://www.DeeJazz.com
5. CD/Album: Party of One by George ThoroGood (Jim Gaines) Genre: rock/blues http://www.georgethorogood.com
6. EP/Single: Seasons by Pamella Elaine (Pamella Elaine) Genres: gospel/jazz/soul http://www.pamellaelainemusic.com
7. EP/Single: Sallie Mae Back by Dee-1 Genre: hip-hop/rap http://www.dee1music.com
8. EP/Single: Overcomer by Mandisa (Chuck Butler) Genre: contemporary christian https://www.amazon.com/Overcomer-Mandisa/dp/B00DRIMVK4
9. CD/ Album: Butterflies by Zaia Band (Lee "Scratch" Perry) Genre: reggae https://www.zaiaband.com/music
10.EP/ Single: Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince (Hula & K. Fingers) Genre: hip hop/rap http://ow.ly/2hgT302Jei0
ABOUT FRAN BRIGGS
Fran Briggs is an award-winning writer, publicist, and journalist. She's an energetic and innovative entrepreneur who also oversees the sponsorship acquisition training, "How to Get Sponsors." As a publicist, her clients regularly appear on radio and national television including FOX; ABC; NBC; CBS; Daystar Television; CNN and Lifetime Television. Fran can be reached at FranBriggs@aol.com