Highland Park & Johnnie Walker XR Tasting
Online PR News – 23-December-2010 – – Delhi Duty Free, India’s largest duty free retail operator at T3 at Delhi IGI airport has launched a tasting promotion for its single malt Scotch whisky - Highland Park Vintage 1998, Vintage 1994, Vintage 1990, which share a common character and the opulent new blend of Scotch Whisky Johnnie Walker XR™ 21, exclusively launched at Delhi duty Free last month.
The Highland Park whisky’s tend to be light bodied whisky and have a sweet start & dryish finish while JW XR is an exclusive blend inspired by the handwritten notes of Sir Alexander himself, who was greatly honored as Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire
A dedicated tasting bar has being introduced for these sessions at Departures. This promotion will enable passengers to sample malt whisky and Blended whisky and we also have a team of specially-trained staff to give one-to-one tasting sessions tailored to customers.
Said Mr. Arun Barathi, COO, Delhi Duty Free “Delhi duty Free provides its customers the best possible shopping experience through an international level of customer service, through partnership, innovation and the optimal presentation of the world’s finest luxury brands. Offering these tasting sessions to the traveller is yet another exciting development for Delhi duty Free and we are delighted to offer our customers such sessions.”
These tasting sessions at airport add to the customer engagement.
Highland Park – Vintage 1998
• Color- Rich Golden
• Nose- Honey, dried grass and spicy notes. Dried apricot emerges late
• Taste: Vanilla and Honey sweetness developed from a dozen years in American oak is balanced with the aromatic heather peat smoke.
• Finish: Sweet with medium lingering spice and smoke
Highland Park - Vintage 1994
• Color- Rich, warm amber
• Nose- Warm caramel to the fore with hints of almonds. Dark fruit cherries and figs are revealed as the whisky opens up.
• Taste- Caramel & soft smoky note intertwine with cinnamon and rich dried fruits
• Finish- Lingering war smoky finish
Highland Park- Vintage 1990
• Color- golden, Glowing Coppery tones.
• Nose- Orange peel, honeycomb with cedar wood and rich fragrant spicy notes
• Taste- Mouth-watering citrus in the form of lemons and oranges, sweet vanilla custard notes with complex spices at the end
• Finish- Medium sweet with lingering smoky spiciness
Johnnie Walker XR™ 21
• Overall character- Indulgent, rounded and multi-layered. Beginning with the sweetness of golden honey and vanilla before culminating in rich, aged oak.
• Nose - Full and rich, with the malts and grains evident in notes of the aged oak.
• Palate- Smooth balance of golden honey, vanilla and sweet fruits evolving into the deep richness.
• Finish- Lingers with a layer of aged oak.
Delhi Duty Free Services Pvt. Ltd. (DDFS) is a joint venture company between DIAL (Delhi International Airport Limited), IDFS (Indian Duty Free Services) and ARI (Aer Rianta International). The company was awarded the concession to manage and operate the Duty Free Shops at Terminal 3, Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. DDFS will be single largest duty free retail operator in India operating out of T3, the 6th largest single terminal building in terms of floor area. As India’s progressive economy continues to grow, DDFS sees an exciting opportunity within the airport retailing business ensuring Delhi Duty Free is established as one of the world’s prominent travel retail shopping experiences and destination.