Free white paper authored by; Microsoft MVP, Denny Cherry, “SQL Server Clustering Guide”
Online PR News – 16-October-2009 – – Burlington, MA – StarWind Software, a global leader in storage virtualization and iSCSI storage software, announces the availability of a new whitepaper; 'SQL Server Clustering Guide' written by, Microsoft MVP, Denny Cherry. This guide provides instructions to configure and install a SQL Server Cluster for a high availability database environment. The guide is geared to IT professionals who may just be learning about or starting with SQL Server Clusters. The paper provides specific methods to set up the systems and take advantage of StarWind’s storage technology to complete the installations.
In this white paper Denny discusses
• How to implement a SQL Server 2008 failover cluster.
• A step-by-step configuration of a SQL Server cluster.
• How to configure iSCSI shared storage for SQL Server with StarWind Software.
• The process of SQL Server Clustering and High Availability.
"We are really pleased to be able to offer this whitepaper by, Microsoft MVP, Denny Cherry,” said Zorian Rotenberg, president and CEO, StarWind Software. “We strive to ensure that IT professionals, particularly with small and medium sized business, have access to top notch educational material regarding virtualization technologies and storage needs.
StarWind develops an iSCSI SAN that is scalable, reliable and easy to manage. Our iscsi target software converts any Windows Server into a high-performance IP SAN.
Key Features of StarWind Enterprise Server:
• Synchronous Data Mirroring: eliminates single point of failure with real-time mirroring.
• Remote / Asynchronous Replication: replicates your storage remotely across a WAN.
• CDP & Snapshots: captures point-in-time snapshots with unlimited rollback points.
• Server Clustering: provides shared storage for High Availability server clustering.
• Thin Provisioning: allocates space dynamically for highly efficient disk utilization.
About StarWind Software Inc.
StarWind Software is a leading global provider of storage virtualization and iSCSI storage software. The flagship product, StarWind Server, is an iSCSI Target software which converts any Windows server into a reliable, powerful and scalable SAN and is designed for use with solutions such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX and VMware ESXi and Microsoft Windows Server clusters for database applications such as Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint Server. StarWind is an affordable iSCSI SAN solution and combines ease of use with enterprise-class features such as Mirroring and Replication, CDP and Snapshots, Thin Provisioning and Virtual Tape Library (VTL). Since 2003, StarWind has pioneered the iSCSI storage industry and has been the solution of choice for thousands of global customers in over 50 countries, from small and mid-size businesses, to governments, and Fortune 1000 clients. For additional information regarding StarWind Software, please visit www.StarWindSoftware.com.
StarWind Software and the StarWind logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of StarWind Software Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.