This 422-page encyclopedia, covering the entire Planet of the Apes mythos--from Aldo to Zira--is now available at Amazon.com.
Online PR News – 06-December-2010 – – NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2010--Hasslein Books announced today the release of Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes, a comprehensive encyclopedia covering the entire Apes mythos. Written by Rich Handley, author of Timeline of the Planet of the Apes, and designed by Paul C. Giachetti, this 422-page volume contains:
* More than 3,200 alphabetical entries in more than 50 indexed categories, detailing every character, location, creature, device, weapon, vehicle and more
* Information culled from every incarnation of Planet of the Apes to date, including movies, TV shows, comic books, cartoons, novels, audios and screenplays--plus, long-forgotten arena and stage shows and short films from the 1970s
* A wealth of information regarding unfilmed, unpublished, unfinished or rejected scripts, comics, novels and more, provided by the creators themselves
* An insightful and nostalgic foreword by famed literary critic, blogger, author and Planet of the Apes enthusiast John Kenneth Muir
* A sneak-peak at BLAM! Ventures' upcoming tie-in novel, Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, courtesy of co-author Andrew E. C. Gaska
* Twenty-seven exclusive, full-page sketches and a breathtaking cover painting from Patricio Carbajal--plus, more than 800 additional images, including a number of obscure and rarely seen photographs and illustrations
John K. Muir calls Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes: The Comprehensive Encyclopedia "the realization of a childhood fantasy… the book I only wish I had in hand when I was twelve years old and longing for more detail, more knowledge, more understanding of time warps, Hasslein Curves, Achilles Lists and the like."
Designed for casual readers and avid fans alike, Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes--available now at Amazon.com for $29.95, with free shipping--will help you learn everything there is to know about the upside-down world of Planet of the Apes. To order your copy today, visit hassleinbooks.com.
About Hasslein Books
Hasslein Books, founded by Rich Handley and Paul C. Giachetti, is a venue for publishing genre-based reference books. Rich Handley, the author of Timeline of the Planet of the Apes and Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes, has penned numerous short stories and articles for Lucasfilm's official Star Wars publications. A former columnist and reporter for Star Trek Communicator magazine, Rich has written for and edited numerous genre and trade publications, and is currently an editor at RFID Journal.
Lexicon of the Planet of the Apes is an unauthorized, unlicensed publication, created as an academic source-work. Planet of the Apes and all related characters, concepts and titles are the sole property of 20th Century Fox, with no copyright infringement intended.