Game-Changing Concepts to Protect Your Computer Network (and our Country) from Cyber Attacks: by Paul Ferrillo & Chris Veltsos is now available.
Online PR News – 18-January-2017 – New York, NY – Companies big and small are waking up and realizing at the very top levels that cybersecurity is no longer an issue that can be relegated to the IT department, or left to quarterly board meetings. Cyber risks represent major threats to your organization and as such require a high level of engagement by top leadership and board directors. There are very few other categories of risks that can, overnight, freeze your business dead in its tracks, decimate your financial resources, ruin your corporate reputation or even take it completely offline.
In this book, we take a non-nonsense approach to the problem of understanding, managing, mitigating cybersecurity risk, and improving cybersecurity corporate governance. Our approach is to provide concise, mission critical, and actionable information for directors, officers, general counsel, and C-Suite executives. Given recent advanced, stealthy cyber threats, like APT 28 and APT 29, a/k/a Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear, our primer on artificial intelligence, machine learning and cognitive computing cyber defense solutions provides unparalleled knowledge on how these solutions work, and why you need them for your company today.
About the Authors
• Paul Ferrillo, known on social media as “the Cyber Patriot” is counsel in Weil’s Litigation Department. He focuses on complex securities class action litigation and internal investigations. He also he is co-head of Weil’s cybersecurity and privacy practice, where covers cybersecurity corporate governance issues, and assists clients with governance, disclosure, and regulatory matters relating to their cybersecurity postures and the regulatory requirements.
• Chris Veltsos, aka @DrInfoSec, is passionate about helping organizations take stock of their cyber risks and manage those risks across the intricate landscape of technology, business, and people. Both faculty and practitioner, Chris has advised CEOs, has worked with CIOs, has shadowed and mentored CISOs, and interacted with a wide range of other business executives.
• “Paul Ferrillo is one of those rare writers who can guide the non-expert through the complex field of cyber security in a way that you can understand and trust. This is a valuable book.” — Jonathan Evans, former Head of MI5.
• “Veltsos and Ferrillo have written THE cybersecurity book for Boards and C-Suite officers. Their cybersecurity expertise shows on every page, but it’s their understanding of Board Governance and Oversight principles that sets this book apart.” — Wayne Sadin, The Go Solution, Chief Digital Officer & Chief Information Officer, 2014 – Present
• “Take Back Control of your Cybersecurity Now” is informative, thought provoking, and a great read! It should be required reading for the entire C-Suite and Board of Directors.” — Don Good, former Deputy Assistant Director of the FBI’s Cyber Division, and current Director, Navigant Consulting’s Information Security Practice.
• “Take Back Control of your Cybersecurity Now” is a book worth reading by anyone concerned about where we are today with cyber-security. Paul A. Ferrillo and Christopher Veltsos lay out an easy to digest explanation of the issues of cyber-security and how to protect against the inevitable and in some case never-ending attacks against corporations today. No business is too small or too large to be attacked in some manner through their cyber network. Chapter one is alone worth the price of the book. Richard M. Frankel, Managing Director, USG Security Ltd; Special Agent In-Charge of the New York Criminal and Counterterrorism Divisions and Newark Field Office, Retired.
Author Contact Information
Paul.Ferrillo@weil.com @PaulFerrillo +1 (212) 310-8372
Chris@drinfosec.com @Drinfosec +1 (507) 389-6560