The Aseptic Food Processing & Packaging Industry Association of India (AFPPA) announced that it has set up a newly constituted advisory council.
Online PR News – 23-November-2010 – – New Delhi, November 22, 2010: The Aseptic Food Processing & Packaging Industry Association of India (AFPPA) announced that it has set up a newly constituted advisory council. The managerial control of AFPPA rests with the advisory committee and the AFPPA Secretariat, comprising of a core team of eminent professionals from diverse fields including packaging, nutrition, the food processing business and environment.
The advisory council includes the following distinguished names:
• Rajiv Dhar, Secertary General AFPPA
• D. P. Tripathi, IRTS (Retd.) Senior Advisor, Corporate and Legal affairs
• Dr. Sanjay Oak, Advisor, Nutrition and health
• Ranjana Saikia, Environment and Sustainability
• Jaideep Gokhale, Industry advisor
• Kamal K. Khosla, Industry advisor
The council will be working towards achieving the objective of the association clearly defined as:
• To promote the benefits of aseptic technology and sensitize end consumers, manufacturers and other stakeholders to these benefits
• To create awareness and disseminate information on the importance of balanced nutrition, and to support the use of aseptic technology in School Milk Programmes and complimentary feeding
• To take on the mantle of an influencer and engage the Government on policy issues with a view to safeguarding the interests of industry members
• To act as a representative of the opinions of industry members on issues like VAT, GST, legislation and other aspects that affect the industry, and to place such opinions before the Government
• To highlight the Association’s position on sustainability
• To create a balanced approach to sustainable development and environmental protection
Commenting on the development, Rajiv Dhar, Secretary General of AFPPA said “AFPPA is the voice of the packaging industry and an essential link between the Indian Government and the industry. AFPPA’s strong managerial leadership will focus on achieving the defined objectives and agenda based on food safety, consumer wellness and environment sustainability that stand today as India’s most important concerns.”
AFPPA has also launched its latest website that aims to address any queries and informative material on packaging, food processing industry, machinery, health & nutrition and sustainable environment. The site can be visited by clicking on the URL http://afppa-india.com/index.html
The Aseptic Food Processing & Packaging Industry Association of India (AFPPA), established in 2001, is a registered association under the Indian Societies Registration Act. It leverages the Public-Private Partnership model to partner with the Government of India with a view to fostering and promoting diverse initiatives related sustainable development of the Indian food sector through the use of aseptic processing and packaging technology.
For details please contact
Garima Misra/ Harmeet Setia
Ogilvy Public Relations
Contact: 9910106993 / 9953403717