It enhanced new configuration options to set spacing between lines of text in JasperReports. I talso enhanced exporting reports from JasperReport & JasperServer
Online PR News – 29-December-2016 – Lane Cove, NSW – What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 16.12.0 has been released. It provides fixes for the important issues reported by Aspose customers, such as, multiple appearances of elements in exported Docx, extra section break is appeared in output Docx and many more. By default, value of USE_LINE_SPACINGS parameter is “smart” (set to 2). This means that Aspose Words for JasperReports will try to analyze current context and set spacing between lines of texts only where this is required. However, users can forcibly enable this option (set to 1) and in this case, line spacing will be set for each text. Alternatively, users can forcibly disable this option (set to 0) and in this case, no explicit line spacing will be set. The list of improved features in this release are listed below
• Multiple appearance of elements in exported Docx
• Extra section break is appeared in output Docx
• Image does not render correctly in output Docx
• License.SetLicense throws java.lang.IllegalStateException: The signature is invalid.
Starting from release 1.9.0 there are now several versions of the JAR library (this is necessary for better support of older versions of JasperReports):
• for JasperReports 6.3.0 and higher (aspose.words.jasperreports-6.3.0.jar)
• for JasperReports 5.6.0 … 6.2.0 (aspose.words.jasperreports-6.2.0.jar)
• for JasperReports 4.7.0 … 5.5.0 (aspose.words.jasperreports-5.5.0.jar)
• for JasperReports 3.7.2 … 4.5.0 (aspose.words.jasperreports-4.5.0.jar)
• for JasperReports 3.7.1 and lower (aspose.words.jasperreports-3.7.1.jar)
Please copy only one jar library according to the version of installed JasperReports.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for JasperReports documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT, HTML, and TXT Export: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjasperreports/DOC%2C+DOCX%2C+RTF%2C+ODT%2C+HTML%2C+and+TXT+Export
- Compatibility Mode for DOCX output: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjasperreports/Compatibility+Mode+for+DOCX+output
Overview: Aspose.Words for JasperReports
Aspose.Words for JasperReports makes it possible exporting reports from JasperReports and JasperServer to Microsoft Word document (DOC), Office Open XML (OOXML, DOCX), Web page (HTML) and plain text (TXT) formats. It is written purely in Java and is provided as a single JAR file that can easily be deployed on the machines running JasperReports or JasperServer. Aspose.Words for JasperReports exports flow layout documents that are easy to further edit in Microsoft Word, if necessary.
More about Aspose.Words for JasperReports
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/products/words/jasperreports
- Download Aspose.Words for JasperReports at: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/words/jasperreports
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for JasperReports at: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/wordsjasperreports/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for JasperReports Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for JasperReports blog at: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-words-product-family.html
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066