Bharatbook added a new report on "Future Material Needs for the Global Wind Energy Market" which gives the strategic opportunities and players within the Wind Energy sector.
Online PR News – 17-November-2010 – – Future Material Needs for the Global Wind Energy Market
As larger turbines are built and installed in more difficult environments, there is an overriding requirement to reduce blade weight, putting more emphasis on the need for stronger and lighter materials, improved blade design, and more efficient processing. Consequently, there will be a need for improved properties and/or performance from current and/or alternative materials used. ( http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=158978&rt=Future-Material-Needs-for-the-Global-Wind-Energy-Market.html )
Finally, to make wind energy more competitive with other power generation technologies, cost reductions are necessary, all the way from raw materials through fabrication, assembly, installation and operation. This research will provide an understanding of the future property, performance and processing requirements for materials used in blades and other wind turbine components from the viewpoint of major turbine manufacturers, as well as the key strategic opportunities and players within this sector.
In particular, this study will provide the following:
* Technology Trend: An understanding of current blade manufacturing practices, trends in blade fabrication, and preferences of wind blade manufacturers for various materials and fabrication techniques;
* Price vs. Performance Analysis: An understanding of current composite materials used in blade manufacturing, the relevant property and performance specifications for each, and their price comparison.
* Impact of Material Performance on Cost of Energy Generation: Analysis of material choice with final impact on cost of energy. An understanding of the correlations associating composite materials used in wind turbines with blade weight and costs of manufacturing, transporting, and installing and operating wind turbines.
* Unmet Needs Assessment: An understanding of future performance and/or property requirements for materials used in blades and turbines; and
* Strategic Analysis: A framework to provide composite material suppliers a sound basis for formulating an effective competitive strategy.
This report answers following Key information related to the wind energy market.
* Key raw material property specifications, performance criteria and pricing
* Current fabrication techniques and processes used
* Impact of potential composite raw material changes on blade/turbine costs; including fabrication, assembly, installation, operation and maintenance.
* Trends and driving forces in blade design, fabrication and material technologies
* Future demands and/or targets regarding material performance and blade weight
* Requirements to supply raw materials for wind energy applications qualification, long-term contract pricing, etc.
For more information kindly visit : http://www.bharatbook.com/detail.asp?id=158978&rt=Future-Material-Needs-for-the-Global-Wind-Energy-Market.html
Growth Opportunities in Wind Energy Market 2009-2014 : Materials, Market and Technologies
2010-2014 Deep Research Report on Global and China Offshore Wind Energy
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/3bbharatbook