Los Angeles-based Independent Faith-based Record Label, Penny's Gang Records Releases A Unique Christmas Album Of Traditional And Original Christian Songs Featuring PGR Artists And Superstar Guests
Online PR News – 15-November-2010 – – (11.11.2010– Los Angeles, CA) Penny’s Gang Records offers up an inspired collection of original Christmas music, “Miracle Christmas Night.” Featuring PGR recording artist Patrick Paegel, Terry Dexter and Shelley & Cal as well as guest appearance from superstar artist Wanda Vaughn (The Emotions) and a spoken word introduction by Stevie Wonder. “Miracle Christmas Night” offers up a heartfelt collection of Christmas songs that reminds us all that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
“I just wanted to create some new Christmas music that was joyous and reminded us all that the miracle that is Jesus – the miracle that is eternal life was born Christmas night,” says Penny’s Gang Records President, Penny McCoy. “The traditions of Christmas – the gifts and the sparkle are a lovely wrapping – but it’s about the gift of the Baby Jesus that is the true spirit of Christmas.”
“Miracle Christmas Night” includes the Gospel-inspired title track, which features lead vocals from the incomparable Wanda Vaughn and a spoken word introduction by Stevie Wonder. Other emphasis tracks include a flamenco-inspired acoustic rendition of the traditional “What Child Is This” by guitarist Les Law, the beautifully sung, adult contemporary track “I Am Baby Jesus” by Shelley James, the lush arrangement of the traditional “Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring” sung by Bill Cody and the bluesy, piano vocal arrangement of “There’s Nothing Like Christmas Time” sung by Terry Dexter.
Early radio play for Miracle Christmas Night” includes: WMHR, Syracuse, NY, WFUR, Grand Rapids, MI, KGPS, Kingman, AZ, CJOA, Ontario Canada and the UK’s World Outreach Radio.
1. Do You Hear What I Hear? (Nonie Devon and Mashanda Huskey)
2. Miracle Christmas Night (featuring Wanda Vaughn with Introduction by Stevie Wonder)
3. What Child Is This (Les Law and Karen Briggs)
4. The Great I Am (Patrick Paegel)
5. I Am Baby Jesus (Shelley James)
6. Christmas Wish (Mashanda Huskey)
7. There’s Nothing Like Christmas (Terry Dexter)
8. The Christmas Tree I See (Ledon Smith and Sherree Brown)
9. I Am a Little Package (Ledon Smith & Roma Carriere Choir)
10. Where Are You Now (Sherree Brown)
11. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Bill Cody)
Penny’s Gang Records (PGR) is a faith-based, innovative, multi-genre record company based in Los Angels, CA with distribution through Fontana. www.pennysgang.com