SolAbility's 4th annual annual corporate sustainability assessment confirms superior financial returns of sustainable management integration
Online PR News – 10-November-2010 – – Seoul, November 2010
Sustainable investment: It’s the performance, stupid…!
SolAbility's 4th annual corporate sustainability assessment reveals remarkable advancement of corporate sustainability in Korea over the past two years. The global financial & economic crisis has triggered a shift in perception of business development, with a significant number of Korean corporations having undergone in-depth internal reviews and embracing sustainability indicators as internal management and measurement tools.
The business value of sustainable management is clearly reflected in the financial performance of sustainable Korean companies - sustainability leaders returns are significantly above the market: Year-to-Date out-performance 7%, 5-year out-performance 70%
The full report can be downloaded from the SolAbility website.
2010 highlights include—
• Average sustainability score rose by 5% across all industry sectors year-on-year
• Sustainability leaders improved more than laggards
• Large differences between, and within sectors remain
• While developments are encouraging, not yet enough is being done to secure long-term competitiveness by most companies
• 3 companies for which SolAbility designed sustainability strategy have joined the DJSI World
• Sustainable companies clearly outperform their peers, both short– and long term
SolAbility’s ESG assessment methodology is based on
• Starting universe — 350 stocks (KOSPI & KOSDAQ)
• Best-in-class ESG assessment based on “positive” screening (evaluation of coverage and quality of industry-specific policies, management systems, and “non-financial” performance indicators)
• “Negative” screening to verify depth of implementation of policies and management systems
SolAbility is a Sustainability Solution Experts consultancy specialised in corporate sustainability services for corporations. In addition, SolAbility offers ESG research services to institutional clients. SolAbility's Headquarters are based in Korea.