The 2016 Lists Recognize Important Industry Gatherings, Including South by Southwest, C.E.S., and Art Basel Miami Beach
Online PR News – 11-October-2016 – New York, NY – BizBash, the leading trade media for event professionals, has announced the highly anticipated annual lists of Top 100 Events in the U.S. and Canada. The 2016 lists highlight live events that span 15 industries, including trade shows, benefits, music festivals, sporting events, and holiday parades.
Out of thousands of live experiences to choose from, these events are recognized because of their ability to evolve and remain relevant to savvy, well-connected audiences. These events push boundaries, engage fans online, and stay ahead of the curve with new technologies. Some notable themes this year include use of real-time social engagement, virtual reality, and an emphasis on event quality as a "make or break" factor to garner attention.
"The Top 100 Events are more than about getting together for a fun time. They represent smart business strategies, creative thinking, and high-level execution," said Beth Kormanik, BizBash executive editor. "Live events are only increasing in importance as a way for people to make meaningful connections with one another and brands to cut through the clutter of our digital world."
The BizBash 2016 Top 100 Events in the U.S. and Canada include:
• Art & Design: Art Basel Miami Beach and Luminato
• Advertising & Marketing: C2 Montréal and the Canadian Marketing Association Awards
• Award Shows: Academy Awards and Grammy Awards
• Benefits: Robin Hood Foundation Gala and Daffodil Ball
• Business & Financial Industry: Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference
• Entertainment Industry: Comic-Con International and Toronto International Film Festival
• Fashion Industry: Fashion Week in New York and Fashion Art Toronto
• Festivals & Holiday Events: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and Pride Toronto
• Food & Restaurant Industry: South Beach Wine & Food Festival and Vancouver International Wine Festival
• Media & Literary: Scotiabank Giller Prize Gala and Vancouver Writer's Fest
• Music: South by Southwest and Juno
• Political: White House Correspondents' Association Dinner and Parliamentary Press Gallery Dinner
• Sports: Super Bowl and Grey Cup
• Technology Industry: International C.E.S. and Dreamforce
• Trade Shows & Conventions: North American International Auto Show and Canadian National Exhibition