Launch of new travel website for British accommodation.
Online PR News – 25-October-2010 – – A new comprehensive online accommodation guide for Great Britain which will feature all types of places to stay, from bed & breakfasts, hotels, holiday cottages, yurts, campsites, boats and glampsites has been launched this week. The website: www.bluebellsandseashells.co.uk, has been named to represent all that is typical of Great Britain’s beautiful countryside and stretching shorelines.
The advanced search page offers one of the most comprehensive search facilities available to the user, ensuring that property owners are able to capitalise on all they have to offer tourists and business travellers, from workshops and courses, such as cupcake making through to eco-friendly accommodation, or catering specifically for vegetarians.
Accommodation owners are invited to list their properties on a six month free-trial basis. After this time, subscription costs just £25 a year, per property. Owners are able to log in at any time to update their listing, and will be able to view the traffic to their property profile, including the number of times their contact details have been viewed, and the number of enquiries they have received through the site.
Some of the key features include:
- A flat-rate charging structure, with no escalating costs, giving owners priority positions based on their spend;
- No commission or hidden charges - just £25 flat fee per year (first 6 months free trial);
- The ability to add up to 10 large photos per property and list details of local attractions;
- Inclusion of special offers within the monthly newsletter;
- Random rotation on the home page’s featured accommodation profile;
- News stories - featuring things to do and places to visit across Great Britain; and
- Five star user feedback ratings, ensuring that while complaints can be aired, they are also not detrimental to the future of the business.
Joanna Thorne, Founder of Bluebells & Seashells commented: “We have launched this site to counter all of the items that we found most frustrating from our own experiences when looking for accommodation across Great Britain. The site allows owners to display up to ten large images of their properties, add their own descriptions and is not specific to one property type or another, as we all know that when looking for a bed for a night - for example when attending a friends wedding - choosing a hotel, guest house, B&B or boat is not what’s important; but the atmosphere and location is.”
“Furthermore, many of the holiday cottage letting companies from around Great Britain have actually been purchased by American corporations, and as a result the consumer ends up paying up to 30% more, including the compulsory insurance than the cottages owners actually receive. This is neither fair for the owner, or traveller, but perhaps worst still, is that this money is leaving our economy, when it has never been needed more. Our website is aimed at providing those independent accommodation owners, with an affordable and fair platform to share what they to offer.”