RONETIX presents PM9G45
the innovative CPU module based on
Atmel's ARM926- based AT91SAM9G45 processor
Online PR News – 25-October-2010 – – The Austrian embedded company RONETIX announced a SODIMM-sized computer-on-module using Atmel's ARM926-based AT91SAM9G45 system-on-chip (SoC). The Ronetix module "PM9G45" measures only 2.6 by 1.3 inches (67x 35mm) and offers 128MB DDR2, 256MB NAND Flash, a wide variety of I/O interfaces including Ethernet and dual USB port, as well as an available Evaluation Board.
PM9G45 is targeted at industrial control systems, data loggers, point-of-sale (PoS) terminals, alarm systems, medical equipment and other projects for immediate implementation of all embedded systems.
By whatever name, the module incorporates Atmel's ARM9-based AT91SAM9G45 embedded microprocessor, which is based on the integration of an ARM926EJ-S core with fast DDR2 and a wide range of peripherals. The Ronetix PM9G45 is clocked at 400MHz.This is twice the clock speed and four times the cache of the earlier PM9263.
PM9G45 is equipped with 128MB DDR2, 256 MB NAND Flash and offers a wide range interfaces.
More specifically, the Ronetix PM9G45 includes a 10/100Mbps Ethernet MAC controller, USB Host and On-The-Go ports, as well as four USART interfaces. Other I/Os, all of which are carried to and from the outside world trough the 200-pin SODIMM connector, include dual high-speed multi media card interfaces for additional flash data storage, I2C, SPI, an image sensor ISI, PWM and JTAG.
The modules have a touch screen controller and a LCD controller that supports resolutions up to 800x600 pixels.
Measuring 2.6 x 1,3 inches (67 x 35mm) the module runs on a 3.3V power supply at a typical 600mW.
In addition, PM9G45 is available for the industrial temperature range -40° +85°C.
The PM9G45 runs embedded Linux and Windows CE 6.0, with free board support packages (BSPs), for the both operating systems. The Linux BSP includes a Linux 2.6.30 kernel, along with a device-specific patch.
The new PM9G45 is compatible with the previously available Baseboard for PM9263.
Specifications listed for the PM9G45 include:
• AT91SAM9G45 (optional AT91SAM9M10), 400 MHz ARM926EJ-STM ARM®
• 32 KB Data Cache, 32 KB Instruction Cache, MMU
• 10/100 MBit/s Ethernet MAC Controller
• 128MB DDR2
• 256MB NAND Flash
• 8 MB Atmel Serial DataFlash (optional)
• Serial number chip DS2401 (optional)
• Power: 3,3V; 600mW typical consumption
• Operating temperature: commercial and industrial -40° +85°C
• Dimensions: 2.6 x 1,3 inches (67 x 35mm) , SODIMM200 connector
• Operating systems: Linux 2.6.30; Windows CE 6.0
On the SODIMM connector are available:
• High speed USB 2.0 OTG (Host and Device);
• USB 2.0 Full speed Host
• 4x USARTs
• 4 x IO Controllers
• 2 x High Speed Memory Card Hosts (SDIO, SD/MMC Card)
• 2 x Wire interfaces I2C
• 2 x Three-channel 16-bit Timer/Counters
• 2 x Synchronous Serial Controllers (I2S mode)
• 2 x Master/Slave Serial Peripheral Interfaces (SPI)
• Image Sensor Interface (ISI)
• LCD Interface
• Four-channel 16-bit PWM Controller
• JTAG Interface
• 8-channel 10-bit ADC with 4-wire Touch Screen support
• Digital audio (AC97/I2S)
The Ronetix PM9G45 module is available now with price around 65EUR for 1K pieces.
More information may be found on the Ronetix's website: