FabTrol Systems augments its production and shipping ADC capability with ADC for stock receiving
Online PR News – 21-October-2010 – – With the recent release of FabTrol MRP Version 3.5, FabTrol Systems adds ADC for receiving stock to its steel fabrication management software’s longstanding automated data capture capability for production progress tracking and shipping. The addition provides stock receiving functions with real-time material status updates.
Fully integrated with FabTrol MRP’s purchasing and stock systems and its nesting engines, this new capability makes time-sensitive material receiving information automatically available to fabricators. Now with the simple swipe of a barcode scanner, FabTrol MRP can:
• Capture heat cert numbers from mill barcodes as items are received.
• Receive a complete or partial quantity on any purchase order.
• Receive items on the same PO line separately when heat cert numbers or storage areas are different.
• Show outstanding items on a PO automatically.
• Automatically update nesting information to show material availability status when items are received.
• Maintain captured material traceability data through to shipping documents.
For more information about the benefits of combining an ADC system with integrated steel fabrication management software, steel fabricators are encouraged to download a recent FabTrol Systems’ white paper on the subject, Drive your Shop with Automated Data Capture.
For more information about FabTrol MRP Version 3.5, visit www.fabtrol.com or call 541-485-4719.
# # #
FabTrol Systems, a proud member of the Dowco Group, has been the leading supplier of steel fabrication management software for 25 years. In one modular integrated solution, FabTrol MRP provides management tools for estimating, drawings, materials, production, and shipping. Founded by steel fabricators, and still built around a core team of former steel fabricators, the company continues its commitment to the industry by actively seeking feedback from its customer companies—over 1,000 globally—and by working with other industry leaders to address existing and future needs.