According to The Door Company, installing new garage doors can increase your home's curb appeal, save energy and keep your family safe
Online PR News – 02-August-2016 – Chico, CA – According to the pros at The Door Company (TDC) -- California’s leading garage door company – homeowners can increase the value of their home and give it a fresh, contemporary look by installing new garage doors.
Replacing the garage door ranks as one of the top five home improvement projects that generates the highest return on investment at resale, according to Remodeling Magazine’s 2016 Cost vs. Value report. Homeowners can expect to recoup 91.5 percent of their investment in a new garage door.
"In recent years, garage doors began to be an important exterior design consideration," said TDC President, President Mark Stuenkel. "Now homeowners have a wide range of garage design and material options, which means you can get a door that not only secures your home and enhances its curb appeal — it can also improve its energy efficiency."
Below are the top 5 reason to replace your garage door:
1. Increase the value of your home. Replacing an old garage door with a new stylish maintenance free door will do wonders for the value of your home. Many realtors will attest that it is easier to sell a home when the garage door looks good.
2. Improve the appearance of your home. Some garage doors come in as many as 15 colors in a baked-on paint finish, many different styles and a wide variety of windows, all of which can give your home a new look. Many home owners are surprised to find how big a difference new garage doors make in their curb appeal.
3. Lower your heating and cooling bills with an insulated garage door.A properly insulated garage door can pay for itself over time by reducing your energy costs by keeping the heat out in the summer and the cold in the winter.
4. Reduce your maintenance time. Many metal doors are low maintenance when you choose a pre-finished color. They require only mild soap and water for cleaning. Also, a new garage door will require less maintenance.
5. Protect and secure items stored in your garage. To protect stored items from the damage caused by extreme heat and cold, choose an insulated door that prevents heat or cold from traveling from the outside surface to the inside surface. Plus, a new garage door will be sturdier and more secure, thereby protecting your valuables.
Factors to consider include whether you want an insulated door (which can increase your home's overall energy efficiency); if you want windows in the door; and what style you prefer. "We have a wide variety of residential garage doors. Ultimately, the garage door design you choose should complement your home’s architectural style, the shape and size of the windows and entry doors, and other exterior details," said Stuenkel. "Most often, homeowners are astounded at the myriad of options, and they often don’t know what they want. Our job at TDC is to ask questions to ensure they get what they want and need."
ABOUT THE DOOR COMPANY: Incorporated in 1986, The Door Company (TDC) has been the choice of thousands of homeowners and contractors for their garage door and gate projects. TDC is full-line garage door and gate automation service company, specializing in the sales, installation and servicing of commercial and residential access systems. TDC also has an array of specialty products including bug screen doors, aircraft hangar systems, loading dock equipment, operable walls, partitions, rolling grilles and fire doors.
TDC’s locations are:
Chico (Corporate Office), 2251 Ivy St., Chico, CA 95928, 530.345.5555
Yuba City, 301-C Burns Dr., Unit 1, Yuba City, CA 95991, 530.673.7778
Redding, 1623 Beltline Rd., Redding, CA 96003, 530.222.5555
Manteca, 17860 Ideal Parkway, Suite B, Manteca, CA 95336
For more information about The Door Company’s products and services visit http://www.thedoorco.net/.