Wireless Sensor Monitoring Solution for No or Low Power Locations Expands Sensor-Based Remote Monitoring Capabilities without Adding Infrastructure
Online PR News – 28-July-2016 – Ottawa, ON – Novotech Technologies, a distributor of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) products, services and solutions, today announced it has begun distributing Digi Connect Sensor, a battery-powered, enterprise-ready, cellular gateway solution for wireless connectivity at locations with either no power or low power. In offering a plug-and-play solution, Connect Sensor allows for remote sensor monitoring to be deployed in environments previously considered too harsh, remote or not economically viable.
Digi Connect Sensor key features include:
• Flexible power source options: Features a long-lasting, non-rechargeable battery with two to three-year average life, sleep mode to conserve power between sensor readings and the option to power from an external source using the internal battery as backup power. As a result, users have the flexibility to make the device self-powered, or take advantage of existing power supplies, including solar.
• Cellular choice: For global connectivity, Connect Sensor is available in 3G HSPA+ with 2G fallback. North American users can also choose an LTE CAT 1 version.
• Supports LTE CAT 1: With support for LTE CAT 1, the band specifically created for IoT and M2M communications, Connect Sensor devices are highly efficient, require less power and are optimized for data transfer.
• Sensor variety and flexibility: Multiple I/O options and simultaneous connections offer solution flexibility to address multiple sensor-based environments. Connect Sensor can work with virtually any 4/20mA, Analog Out, Digital Out or Pulsed Output sensor, and can power multiple external sensors, eliminating the need for external supplies or batteries.
• Enterprise-grade security: Security may be implemented at the device, transport and platform level.
• Appropriate for harsh environments: Features weather-proof NEMA 4 enclosure to protect sensors from the elements, as well as ATEX Group 2 and UL Class 1 Division 2 ratings.
• Increased awareness and customized reporting: Integration with Digi Device Cloud provides visibility and centralized management for all Connect Sensor devices; Device Cloud also serves as the platform for sensor data collection.
• Increased levels of customization: Configurable read/report intervals and customizable alarms provide alerts when sensor value is above or below threshold levels.
For more on availability, information and specifications on Digi Connect Sensor visit:
About Novotech Technologies:
Through strategic partnerships with many of the world’s most advanced Machine-to-Machine (M2M) / Internet of Things (IoT) manufacturers, Novotech Technologies is a leading distributor of M2M/IoT products, services and solutions. To produce tangible outcomes that include reduced costs, optimized fleets/workforces, improved productivity and enhanced customer service, Novotech’s comprehensive portfolio of M2M/IoT solutions – cellular, GPS and satellite – enable immediate communication, tracking and reporting in a wide range of applications. Established in 2001, Novotech is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, with offices throughout Canada and the United States. www.novotech.com | @NovotechM2M