Big Sur Health Center, a non-profit organization offering affordable healthcare to the Big Sur community, announced January 13 - 15, 2017 as the dates
Online PR News – 16-June-2016 – Big Sur, CA, June 15, 2016 – Big Sur Health Center, a non-profit organization offering affordable healthcare to the Big Sur community, announced January 13 - 15, 2017 as the dates of its annual Big Sur Foragers Festival. Held in Big Sur along California's central coast and throughout Monterey County, the festival is a weekend-long celebration featuring an amazing array of wild foods, world-class wine and beer, entertainment, expert-led foraging hikes and a friendly chef competition with celebrity judges. This year's partners include Carmel Valley Ranch, the sister property of longtime host Ventana Big Sur.
The event has traditionally served as a fundraiser for the Big Sur Health Center. The community's non-profit health center will receive the proceeds from the foraging events to continue to support the presence of local health care services in the Big Sur area.
The three day festival affords Big Sur area restaurants the opportunity to host the culinary expertise of notable chefs who will be preparing unique fare ranging from rustic to elegant, paired alongside the central coast region's amazing selection of wine and beer.
New events for 2017 include:
• A new Friday night winemaker dinner series held at select restaurants throughout Monterey County. Hyatt Carmel Highlands just announced it will host a winemakers dinner for 20 people in its Legendary Wine Room. Details to come.
Back by Popular Demand:
• This year's partners include Carmel Valley Ranch, the summer camp-inspired sister resort of longtime host Ventana Big Sur that sprawls across 500 acres in the nearby Carmel Valley. Due to renovations at Ventana Big Sur, this year's Fungus Face-Off and the Celebrity Chef dinner will take place at this playful destination resort that celebrates a deep connection to the land with passionate culinary, wine and farming artisans and guest learning experiences ranging from organic gardening and foraging to wine making and lavender and beekeeping workshops.
• "Fungus Face-Off" will take place in a beautiful tented setting on the Pete Dye-designed golf course at Carmel Valley Ranch. This popular event sells out early. Tickets will be on sale soon.
• Grand Chef Dinner at Carmel Valley Ranch - details to be announced soon.
• Foraging walk led by local experts at Ventana Big Sur. "Wild Mushroom Walks and Talk" at Pfeiffer State Park led by Steve Copeland of Big Sur Guides and his team of expert mushroom foragers. This year, hikes will be held on Sunday.
Stay tuned for more details coming soon. For event details and venue information, visit www.bigsurforagersfestival.org or follow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bigsurforagersfestival.