It enhances the way of converting 3DS files to STL ASCII. The common 3D software packages can now easily import the resulting STL ASCII files.
Online PR News – 14-June-2016 – Lane Cove, NSW – What’s new in this release?
Aspose team is pleased to announce the release of Aspose.3D for .NET 1.6.1. In this new version, the way of converting 3DS files to STL ASCII has been improved. The common 3D software packages can now easily import the resulting STL ASCII files. Previously, the opening of STL ASCII files in 3D Builder was displaying a loading error in most of the use cases. Similarly, the import of FBX and splitting the Mesh features have also been improved internally. We still have more to do in improving appearance of meshes. In reference to this, our product team is working hard to bring more features and enhancements in the upcoming versions. Based on the client’s feedback, we noticed, the FBX import was crashing due to the complex internal structure of meshes. It was specific to the FBX sample. The FBX importer now handles this more gracefully. We recommend our clients upgrade to this newer version from their old version to get this enhancement. In the previous version 1.5.0, we have added features to split the mesh in several ways in order to split more complex meshes. The SplitMesh method of the PolygonModifier class was always throwing a stack overflow error for any existing 3D file. We have incorporated this bug fix in the latest version 1.6.1. We have also fixed the bugs of complex FBX files caused by the obfuscation. Please check a list of the resolved defects such as, PolygonModifier.SplitMesh method throws a stack overflow exception for the scene, 3DS to STL ASCII export – can’t load an STL ASCII file in 3D Builder and NullReferenceException occurs while loading the FBX file. This release includes plenty of new features as listed below
• Import of the FBX Files
• Split the Mesh of an Existing 3D File
• PolygonModifier.SplitMesh method throws a stack overflow exception for the scene.
• 3DS to STL ASCII export - can't load an STL ASCII file in 3D Builder.
• NullReferenceException occurs while loading the FBX file.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.3D for .NET documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.3D for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Split Mesh: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/3dnet/Split+Mesh
- Create and Read an Existing 3D Scene: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/3dnet/Create+and+Read+an+Existing+3D+Scene
Overview: Aspose.3D for .NET
Aspose.3D for .NET is a feature-rich component and class library for .NET that empowers Mono and .NET application including ASP.NET, Windows Forms and Web Services to connect with prevalent 3D document formats automatically without the 3D modeling and rendering software being installed on the server. It supports FBX (ASCII, Binary) and STL (ASCII, Binary) file formats and developers can easily create, read, convert, modify and control the substance of these 3D document formats using Aspose.3D API.
More about Aspose.3D for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.3D for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/3d-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.3D for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/3d-family/net
- Online documentation of Aspose.3D for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/3dnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.3D for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.3d-product-family/535/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.3D for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-3d-product-family.html
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066