DRS Technologies joins Aero Vodochody, Omnipol, VR Group, ZLIN AIRCRAFT a.s., Draken International and CAE in sponsoring Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe.
Online PR News – 10-May-2016 – Prague – SMi's Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe conference, which is being held with support from the Czech Air Force, will provide the ideal platform to discuss the implementation of new technologies such as simulated flight training and advanced trainer aircraft into current pilot training systems for improved interoperability amongst regional partners, as well as conversion to more modern fighter jets in the wake of higher operational demands. Confirm your attendance to network with senior air force procurement decision makers while there is still an opportunity to influence their decision making before the establishment of the new 2018 NATO International Joint Training Centre.
New Sponsor Update: DRS Technologies have confirmed their participation as sponsors, with a presentation taking place at 10:00 on Day Two titled 'ACMI and EW Range Modernization: Maximizing Pilot Training With Diminishing Resources' led by Paul Vavra, Business Development, DRS Technologies. His session will cover the following key points:
• Training dollars are currently on the decline
• Critical to train pilots early in air-air and EW environments
• Modern ACMI systems and EW Threat Ranges can improve quality and realism of training while controlling operation cost
• Interoperability of aircraft types/partner countries enhance operational effectiveness
• There is a strong business case for system modification: can this be a revenue source
Key industry sessions at Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe also includes:
• Feasibility and Sustainability of Jet Pilot Training in the 21st century
Jakub Fojtik, Head of Business Department - Defence & MRO Division, Aero Vodochody
• Simulation and Air Force Integrated Training System
Ivo Gamba, Technical Director, VR Group
• Contract Air Services: Building Partnership Aviation Capability
Saint Lehtinen, Business Development Director, Draken International
• Integrated Training System Integration
Peter Eadie, Strategy and Business Development Manager - Defence and Security, CAE
View the two-day agenda and register online at http://www.fastjettraining.com/prarrow
In addition to the array of industry presentations at Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe, make sure you also don't miss out on the Czech MoD sessions:
1. Overview of the New International Training Centre
Brigadier General Libor Stefanik, Commander, Czech Air Force
Brigadier General Libor Stefanik, Commander, Czech Air Force will discuss why the new centre is needed for the Eastern European region and how it will improve interoperability of NATO pilots during missions.
2. The Czech Approach to Fast Jet Pilot Training
Colonel Petr Tomanek, Chief of Combat Training, Czech Air Force
Gain insight into the current synthetic training programmes in place to assist the training of new pilots, and find out what the Czech Air Force is doing to improve the capabilities of its fast jet pilots. Adaption of training regimes to meet increased pilot numbers, and the prospect of permanently buying and increasing Gripen numbers will also be highlighted.
3. The Czech Air Force's Air Combat Capabilities
Colonel Petr Hromek, Commander of the 21st Tactical Air Force Base, Czech Air Force
Receive a case study on Czech pilot participation in NATO Air Policing Missions and military operations abroad. Discussion will also be centered on the operational history of the Gripen in Czech service and how this has greatly enhanced Czech Air Defence capabilities.
Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe is proud to be sponsored by CAE, Draken International, Aero Vodochody/Omnipol, VR Group, ZLIN AIRCRAFT a.s. and DRS Technologies, who are all confirmed to speak and present throughout the two-day event taking place on 9th - 10th June 2016 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Plus, join us for the Complimentary Site Visit to Aero Vodochody's Production Facility:
At the end of Day One, SMi is proud to announce that our lead sponsor Aero Vodochody, will be hosting drinks reception and site visit, showcasing their latest aircraft models, including the L-39 GN, in their main hangar facility. Join us and network with leading jet training experts from the region in this unique and exciting environment.
Unlike other events, Fast Jet Pilot Training Eastern Europe stands out as the most senior and focused Fast Jet Training meeting in the region, with over 10 Air Force Commanders and Senior Training Officers confirmed to speak.
Key Industry Speakers:
• Jakub Fojtik, Head of Business Department - Defence & MRO Division, Aero Vodochody/Omnipol
• Ivo Gamba, Technical Director, VR Group
• Saint Lehtinen, Business Development Director, Draken International
• Peter Eadie, Strategy and Business Development Manager - Defence and Security, CAE
Host Nation Keynote Speakers:
• Tomas Kuchta, Deputy Minister for Industrial Cooperation and Defence Industry Management, Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic
• Brigadier General Stefanik, Commander, Czech Air Force
• Major General Bohuslav Dvorak, Former Deputy Chief of General Staff, Czech Armed Forces
• Colonel Petr Tomanek, Chief of Combat Training, Czech Air Force
• Colonel Petr Hromek, Commander of the 21st Tactical Air Base, Czech Air Force
• Colonel Jiri Kacer, Head of Department of Air Force and Aircraft Technology, University of Defence, Czech Republic
Regional Expert Speakers:
• Major General Max Nielsen, Chief of Air Staff, Royal Danish Air Force
• Major General Jan Sliwka, Deputy Commander of General Command, Polish Armed Forces
• Colonel Eberhard Freiherr von Wintzingerode-Knorr, Operational Forces Command, German Air Force
• Lieutenant Colonel Albin Swanz, Deputy Commander of the Pilot Training Institute and Head of Jet Pilot Training, Austrian Air Force
• Lieutenant Colonel Stefan Ungerth, Head of the Swedish Air Force, Combat Simulation Centre, Swedish Air Force
• Lieutenant-Colonel Jerome Armand, Deputy Head of Air Training Command, French Air Force
• Lieutenant Colonel Afonso Gaiolas, Operations Division, Portuguese Air Force
• Air Commodore (Ret'd) Terry Jones, Former Director Flying Training, Royal Air Force
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.fastjettraining.com/onlineprnews