07 October 2010, Tarporley, Cheshire, UK – Leading Cheshire hotel Peckforton Castle is to feature in the Coronation Street DVD ‘A Knight’s Tale’, made to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the soap opera.
Online PR News – 08-October-2010 – – 07 October 2010, Tarporley, Cheshire, UK – Leading Cheshire hotel Peckforton Castle is to feature in the Coronation Street DVD ‘A Knight’s Tale’, made to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the soap opera.
Filmed on location at Peckforton Castle in September, the DVD features many well loved characters such as Jason Grimshaw, Rosie Webster, Curly Watts, Scary Mary, Norris Cole and Reg Holdsworth.
A popular and impressive location, Peckforton Castle has provided the dramatic backdrop for many films and television programmes including Doctor Who in the 70s, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and most recently Robin Hood in 1991 starring Patrick Begin and Uma Thurman.
Peckforton Castle managing director Chris Naylor comments: “We have a wonderful setting for film and television programme makers and our new £1.7m facilities offer even greater possibilities. Not only does the venue itself provide an extremely striking backdrop, but we are flexible and happy to accommodate large crews. We work closely with producers to ensure everything runs smoothly for them. The end results are always magnificent.
“It was a lot of fun to see the Coronation Street DVD ‘A Knight’s Tale’ being filmed here. My parents are huge fans of the programme, so to provide the venue for the 50th Anniversary DVD was really special. From what I saw it is a very entertaining story and fans will love it.”
The Coronation Street DVD ‘A Knight’s Tale’ is out on 1 November.
PHOTO CAPTION: Some of the Coronation Street cast with three of the owners of Peckforton Castle.
For further information visit www.peckfortoncastle.co.uk or call 01829 260 930.
Symmetry PR Ltd
01270 780 992
Notes to Editor:
1. Peckforton Castle is holder of Small Hotel of the Year 2009 awarded by Visit Chester & Cheshire.
2. During 2010 the hotel has undergone a £1.7m restoration programme to provide additional facilities including the 2010 Brasserie, beauty treatment area Tranquility at Peckforton Castle and 11 en-suite bedrooms.
3. The Castle’s 1851 Restaurant is holder of 2 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award.
4. Commissioned in 1840 by John Tollemache, Peckforton Castle was designed by famous architect Anthony Salvin.
5. Peckforton Castle is a Grade I listed, family owned hotel nestled in the heart of Cheshire with excellent links from North Wales, Liverpool and Manchester.
6. There are currently 48 en-suite bedrooms.
7. The Castle is a very popular wedding venue hosting more than 180 weddings each year.
8. Boasting excellent corporate facilities, the Castle offers a unique corporate experience to business guests.
9. Activities include Falconry displays, the Landrover Experience and the Sandstone Trail.