Industry’s first converged security solution with unmatched performance in the smallest form factor
Online PR News – 06-March-2016 – Dubai, UAE – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leader in application networking and security, today announced the worldwide availability of Thunder Convergent Firewall (CFW), a standalone security product built on A10’s ACOS Harmony platform. Thunder CFW is the first converged security solution for service providers, cloud providers and large enterprises that includes:
• A high-performance Gi/SGi firewall with integrated distributed denial of service (DDoS) and Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) to protect mobile carriers’ LTE infrastructure from increased security risk posed by advent of Internet of things (IoT) and 5G data services. The Thunder CFW Gi/SGi firewall delivers up to 220 Gbps throughput, up to 268 million concurrent connections and up to 5 million connections per second in a one rack-unit appliance.
• A high-performance data center firewall (DCFW) with integrated DDoS protection and Server Load Balancing (SLB) to protect data center applications and infrastructure from network, Web application and multi-vector DDoS threats. The Thunder CFW data center firewall delivers up to 220 Gbps throughput, up to 268 million concurrent connections and up to 6.9 million connections per second in a one rack-unit appliance.
• A high-performance Secure Web Gateway with integrated explicit proxy, URL filtering and SSL Insight. Ability to classify more than 13 billion URLs into 83 categories to provide outstanding scale and accuracy. Plus, superior decryption capabilities allow for a highly efficient solution with single pass SSL decryption and SSL inspection for multiple devices.
• A high-performance IPSec site-to-site VPN. Provides data privacy when traffic is transported between data centers. High-performance encryption enables organizations to scale for a hybrid cloud scenario. With the ability to encrypt over 100 Gbps of traffic, Thunder CFW unifies IPsec, firewall and load balancing in a highly efficient one rack-unit form factor.
• aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW. aGalaxy provides device management, configuration, reporting and troubleshooting for Thunder CFW.
“We are seeing early interest from our large installed base of customers for the Thunder Convergent Firewall. We believe Thunder CFW will prevent and contain some of the most demanding cyber security threats our customers face now and in the future. Today, I’m pleased to announce its global availability,” said Lee Chen, CEO of A10 Networks.
aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW will be available in Q2 2016.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN) is a leader in application networking and security, providing a range of high-performance application networking solutions that help organizations ensure that their data center applications and networks remain highly available, accelerated and secure. Founded in 2004, A10 Networks is based in San Jose, Calif., and serves customers globally with offices worldwide. For more information, visit: https://www.a10networks.com and @A10Networks.
The A10 logo, A10 Networks, A10 Thunder, Thunder, Thunder TPS, and SSL Insight are trademarks or registered trademarks of A10 Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.