Special Award to be Presented to Bob Baesler this Saturday
Online PR News – 19-February-2016 – Terre Haute, IN – The Ryves Community Optimist Club (RCOC) presents "Growing Up In The Hood", an event to benefit the Ryves neighborhood.
The event speakers:
TINA HORRALL, Principal of Ben Franklin Elementary:
Tina sees every day the children who live in the Ryves Neighborhood, many who often come to school with no socks or underwear in the winter, are lacking school supplies, and have little support at home.
The keynote speaker, ANTHONY THOMPSON, has a strong athletic connection with Terre Haute, and is a local success story:
· North Vigo High School Alumni
· Big Ten MVP in 1988 and 1989
· Two-time first team All-American
· Finished eighth in Heisman Trophy balloting in 1988 and second in 1989
· At one-time held NCAA records for both rushing yards in a game and career touchdowns
· Only athlete in IU history to have jersey retired
· Played 4 years in the National Football League with the LA Rams and the Phoenix Cardinals
· Served Five years as an IU Football Coach
· Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2007
· Current Pastor of Lighthouse Church
· Current Indiana University Associate Athletic Director for Engagement and Sports Performance
He and his wife, Dr. Lori Thompson, are the parents of three children; Anthony II, Ciara and Jacob.
SPECIAL AWARD to be presented to business owner and philanthropist BOB BAESLER, for all of his help to the Ryves Community.
DATE: Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016
TIME: 11:00am - 2:00pm
2170 N 3rd Street
Terre Haute, IN 47804
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1654335758166211/
Tickets are $25 each, tables of 8 for $200 plus additional sponsorship opportunities are available. A family-style luncheon is included in the ticket price. A Silent Auction includes a signed, framed Larry Bird print, Super Hero Basket, Spa Basket, Martial Arts Fun Basket, Indiana State University Basket, and more.
For tickets and information contact Theresa Ortega, PR/Publicity Chair, at (812) 240-3256 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org