Kevin Hosey, Senior Project Editor for Cliffhanger, explained the title of the book is a combination of the words “paramour” (a lover) and “paramortal” (a supernatural being).
Online PR News – 06-October-2010 – – Dallas, TX - Sept. 30, 2010 -- Cliffhanger Books announced the release of its newest anthology Paramourtal: Tales of Undying Love and Loving The Undead. It is a collection of ten spellbinding paranormal romance stories that, according to the publisher, will “grip your heart and haunt you for days.”
Kevin Hosey, Senior Project Editor for Cliffhanger, explained the title of the book is a combination of the words “paramour” (a lover) and “paramortal” (a supernatural being). He also stated the characters collected in the anthology are not the usual supernatural types seen in paranormal romance novels.
“When we selected these stories,” said Mr. Hosey, “we not only wanted works that were well written and compelling, we also sought unique examples of paranormal beings and creatures. Fortunately, that’s exactly what we got. While we do have the very popular vampire and demons, we also offer sea creatures, fairies, water spirits, shape-shifters and many more. We feel every reader will find stories and characters they will enjoy.”
Edited by Kevin Hosey and Evelyn Welle, Paramourtal includes the following dark tales:
• “A Touch of Sand” by Nicole Brugger-Dethmers. The Sandman is forbidden to love humans. Then he gazes upon the enchanting face of Angeline and wonders why she stirs his cold heart.
• “Dark Legacy” by Elizabeth Ireland. As a teen, Katherine was saved by a mysterious lake spirit. Now she returns to that lake to face a dark family pact that may end her life.
• “The Fisherman's Wife’ by K. Stoddard Hayes. In an Irish fishing village, Sean has the perfect life with his loving wife, Muireen. But then she discovers a very dark secret he’s hidden for years.
• “The Prince and the Spoon” by Kelly Wisdom. Walking in the park, Summer is attacked by strange fairy tale creatures who seem to know her. And then things really get weird.
• “The Flower of Hell” by Noree Cosper. When Gabriella, a demon hunter, meets the handsome Dimitri, it rekindles long forgotten desires. But those desires may get them killed.
• “His Familiar Touch” by L.K. Below. Unable to shift into her natural cougar form, Rikkita seeks the help of Derek, a mystifying man who may have the cure—for a price.
• “Of Fate and Fire” by Rebecca Rhielle. As a child, Eleia lost her family and village to savage marauders. Now, she falls in love with a beguiling stranger whose past is even darker than hers.
• “Sympathy From the Devil” by M.C. DeMarco. While protecting a soul from temptation, angel Ariel faces Forcas, a charming demon. And she soon learns her own soul may be at stake.
• “The Underlying Beat” by Evelyn Welle. After meeting the reclusive music composer Lee, Megan soon encounters mystifying forces that test both her sanity—and her heart.
• “Rain’ by Kevin Hosey. When his wife leaves him, Kyle escapes to a mountain cabin. There he meets the beautiful Reanna, a mysterious woman who can only appear when it rains.
Paramourtal is available on Amazon and BarnesAndNoble.com. To learn more, visit the company’s website at www.cliffhangerbooks.com.
ABOUT CLIFFHANGER BOOKS:
Cliffhanger Books publishes The Edge of Gripping New Fiction. The company specializes in genre short stories written by some of the most talented new and veteran writers today. Based in Texas, Cliffhanger is dedicated to giving readers the finest examples of fiction possible. These hard-hitting, pulse-pounding and spine-tingling stories will have you gripping the edge of your seat.