Aspose is proud to announce the Q3 releases of Aspose.Total family of products. Many new features related to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Editor, Project, InfoPath & Flash are included in Aspose.Total for .NET and Aspose.Total for Java suites. Several new SQL Server Reporting Services are also added to Aspose.Total for Reporting.
Online PR News – 04-October-2010 – – What's New in this Release?
Aspose is proud to announce the Q3 releases of its Aspose.Total family of products. It includes several new features and updates for all product lines. Many new features related to Word, Excel, PDF, Editor, Project, InfoPath & Flash are included in Aspose.Total for .NET & Aspose.Total for Java suites. Several new and improved features of SQL Server Reporting Services are added to Aspose.Total for Reporting. Several BarCode & JasperReports features are also added to Aspose.Total for JasperReport.
What’s New in Aspose.Total for .NET Q3 2010
Aspose.Total is a suite of powerful and widely used .NET components that enables you to programmatically manage your business applications like: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Editor, Project, InfoPath & Flash. Aspose.Total also contains components for Charting, Email, Spell checking, Barcode creation, Ad hoc query generation, Recurrence patterns, Network protocols, extending ASP.NET & Workflow. It is compiled on daily basis to contain all existing and potential components released by Aspose.
Aspose.Words for .NET
1. Support Structured Document Tags (SDT) (Content Controls)
2. Support OOXML Diagrams and Charts
3. Images are missed from document after open/save DOCX document.
4. SmartArt (DrawingML) objects are missed from document after open/save.
5. Support OpenType PostScript fonts in rendering
6. Text in text frames loose positioning when exported to PDF.
7. Add an option to embed full font into PDF and XPS instead of embedding subset.
8. Implement embedding of OpenType PostScript fonts as Type 1 fonts into PDF
9. Allow specifying Color Depth during converting document to Image.
10. Join spans with same formatting in HTML export
11. Document Outline should include automatic numbers
12. Hyperlink inside a TOC field (table of contents) should ignore the Hyperlink character style
13. Breaks in DOC and DOCX should be processed in different ways.
14. "Arial Bold" font is specified in the document, but rendered as Times New Roman
15. Support "split apart page break and paragraph mark" compatibility option.
16. Render endnotes
17. Add support of MERGEFIELD formatting switches.
18. Allow public access to list numbers
19. Allow format strings in any culture
20. Support nested XE fields
21. After open/save CommandButton lose its functionality.
22. Top spacing on the second page appears bigger then on the first page during rendering.
23. Provide a method to verify that a digital signature is present on a DOC file
24. Split Aspose.Words documentation into two sets one for Java and one for .NET
25. Provide a method to verify that a digital signature is present on a DOCX file.
26. Page number in the header disappears during rendering. - pgNum not supported
27. Verify if digital signature on a document is present
28. Implement dependency of border width on border style in HTML export
29. Improve export of legacy lists to HTML
30. Render footnotes
31. Condensed font is not condensed in layout.
32. The Document.BackgroundColor property.
33. Support IncludeText field.
34. Allow detecting whether the loaded document is a template.
35. Follow the Unified pattern for Document loading and save
36. Change all events into interfaces
37. Provide a method to verify that a digital signature is present on a ODT file.
38. Saving to TIFF CCITT compression makes documents hard to read
39. “Black and White” image option is ignored upon rendering and converting to PDF
Aspose.Cells for .NET
1. Includes Smart Tags support for XLSX files.
2. Converts Sparklines to images.
3. Provides support for image Smart Markers.
4. Supports Cell’s gradient fills and theme of XLS file.
5. Renders Cell’s pattern fills in the generated PDF file.
6. Adds support for Pdf/A-1b compliance.
7. Improves performance and quality of the generated PDF files.
8. Converts hierarchical custom collections to Dataset which contain relations.
9. Includes Scroll event.
10. Provides an overloaded version for the SumSelectedRanges method to exclude hidden cells.
11. Supports setting visibilities of context menu items.
12. Provides support for text rotation (90 and -90 degrees).
13. Supports firing CellDataChanged event when a formula is evaluated.
14. Enhances the performance of saving PDF files.
15. Supports clicking column header to select entire column, clicking top-left corner to select entire sheet’s cells similar to MS Excel’s behavior.
16. Provides support for iterative calculations.
17. Supports named ranges.
18. Allows obtaining data field name at client side.
19. Includes printing feature at client side.
20. Adds valuable functions to the supported formulas list: CELL, ERROR.TYPE, ISBLANK, ISERROR, ISLOGICAL, ISNA, ISNONTEXT, ISTEXT, ISREF, N, NA, TYPE, COUNTBLANK, LARGE, MAXA, MINA, AVERAGEA, MODE, PERCENTILE, PERCENTRANK, RANK, CHOOSE, HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP.
21. Allows undoing changes by code.
22. Supports undoing changes of comments.
23. Provides support to set visibilities of comments.
24. Supports to set indent (style) while formatting cells.
25. Imports or exports pictures of Excel files.
26. Adds valuable functions to the supported formulas list: ERROR.TYPE, ISBLANK, ISERROR, ISLOGICAL, ISNA, ISNONTEXT, ISTEXT, ISREF, N, NA, TYPE, COUNTBLANK, LARGE, MAXA, MINA, AVERAGEA, MODE, PERCENTILE, PERCENTRANK, RANK, CHOOSE, HLOOKUP, OFFSET, INDIRECT.
Aspose.Pdf for .NET
1. Add start/end indent properties rendering.
2. Add Page sequence master testing class method
3. Add margin bottom, left, right, top rendering function
4. Create number-columns-repeated function
5. Implement, word-spacing property, unit test
6. Add padding before/bottom/end/left/right/start property rendering
7. Added the support for HTML controls while transforming HTML contents into PDF file.
Aspose.Slides for .NET
1. Video frame read as picture frame
Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET
1. Changing image color depth
2. Ignore blank pages while converting PDF to TIFF
3. Allow to set orientation - landscape or portrait - while converting to TIFF
4. Allow setting margins while converting to TIFF
5. Provide support to check whether file is a 'PDF Portfolio'
6. PdfConverter throws exception while converting to EMF
7. Allow to specify new font size while replacing text
8. Provide support to specify Font Family while replacing text
9. Provide support to specify Font Color while replacing text
10. Provide support to specify Font Style while replacing text
11. Force to produce monochrome images while using CCITT4 compression
12. Provide support to check whether file is a 'PDF Portfolio'
13. Remove OpenAction command with GoTo Page action from the files
14. XMP manipulation
Aspose.BarCode for .NET
1. Introduced new RecognitionHints called ThresholdHints, allowing users to choose the algorithm of threshold calculating
Aspose.Tasks for .NET
1. Read ACWP data from MPP 2003/2007/2010 files
2. Read TotalSlack data from MPP 2003/2007/2010 files
3. Read project settings for earned values calculation
4. Calculate BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, CV values
5. Implement ProjectReader and ProjectWriter events for XML data processing customization
6. Add Calendar's support methods for next working day start and previous working day finish calculation
7. Read StartVariance and FinishVariance for tasks and resource assignments from MPP files
8. Read Outline codes definition from MPP files when look-up table contains wrong rows
9. Write updated MPP file common project properties back to MPP file
10. Provide support for ManualStart, ManualFinish and ManualDuration for MS Project 2010 MPP and XML formats
11. Provide read support for MS Project 2010 XML format
12. MS Project 2010 Data Interchange XML write support
Aspose.Network for .NET
1. Add support for Outlook PST file format 97 - 2002
2. Access outlook contacts from PST file
3. Added EntryID property in Aspose.Network.Outlook.Pst.MessageInfo and FolderInfo
4. Added PreserveOriginalDates in MailMessage class, if set to true, created and modified dates of original message is preserved in EML to MSG conversion
Aspose.Form for .NET
1. Support for InfoPath to PDF/A conversion.
2. Converting InfoPath forms to PDF/A through API only.
Aspose.Flash for .NET
1. Allow to exclude sound while converting FLV to SWF
Aspose.Report for .NET
1. Extended query parsing (Ability to parse queries which are not saved using AdHoc.Web component)
2. Ability to control the transparency of data points through XML
3. API to control the width of a legend marker (Line and Curve chart types)
4. API to control the dash style of a legend marker (Line and Curve chart types)
5. API to suppress the validation messages
Aspose.Slides for SharePoint
1. PPT, PPS, POT, PPTX, PPSX, POTX to PDF, TIFF, XPS conversion
What’s New in Aspose.Total for Java Q3 2010
Aspose.Total for Java is a suite of 7 ultra powerful file management and visual components to support Java applications. Now you can quickly and easily manage Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDF documents, Metafiles, Barcodes generation & recognition. It is compiled on daily basis to contain all existing and potential components released by Aspose.
Aspose.Cells for Java
1. Provides support for AES encryption type for Excel 2007 files.
2. Supports reading/writing PivotTables for Excel 2007 files.
3. Adds svg/svgz image format support for Chart to Image feature.
4. Supports multiple print areas for PageSetup options.
5. Sets custom number formats for PivotField.
6. Includes new Built-in document properties for Excel 2007 file.
7. Combines multiple Workbooks.
8. Supports to save PDF to Stream for the direct Excel to PDF feature.
9. An enhancement is made for reading/writing Excel 2007 files.
10. An enhancement is made for reading/writing Excel 2003 files.
11. An enhancement is made for reading XLS template files.
12. Includes Sheet to Image, Sheet to Print and Workbook to Print features
13. Supports Conditional formatting for Excel to Pdf feature
14. Provides support for grouping pivot table fields in Excel2007 files
15. Keeps macros when converting Excel97-2003 files to Excel2007 files
16. Renders Shapes when converting to Pdf files, e.g. TextBox, Rectangle, Oval, Arc
17. Supports to get/set full name of the source file for the Ole Object
18. Enhancement is made for reading/saving Conditional formatting
19. Enhancement is made for Chart to Image feature
20. Enhancement is made for direct Excel to Pdf feature
21. Enhancement is made for formatting of cell values
22. Enhancement is made for removing header/footer of PageSetup
23. Enhancement is made for copying cells
24. Supports more flexible model for calculating custom functions.
25. Includes error checking options for cells.
26. Mathematical calculation of Range parameters in formulas is added.
27. Provides support to set linked cells for chart frames such as Title, Data Labels.
28. Supports to manipulate window position and size properties for Workbook.
29. Reading/Saving Excel 2007 files operation is enhanced.
30. Chart to Image feature is enhanced.
31. Direct Excel to PDF feature is enhanced.
32. Formatting Cell values is enhanced.
33. Reading Excel 97-2003 files operation is enhanced.
34. Saving charts module is enhanced.
35. Formula Calculation Engine is enhanced.
Aspose.Pdf for Java
1. In order to improve Java interface, new overloaded methods (bindXML(InputStream) and save(OutputStream stream)) are added to Pdf class.
Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java
1. Allow to wordwrap the string while replacing text
2. Specify output image quality level
3. Provide support to specify Font Color while replacing text
4. Provide support to specify Font Style while replacing text
5. Provide support to specify Font Family while replacing text
6. Allow to find the font size of an existing text
Aspose.BarCode for Java
1. Italian Post 25 barcode generation
2. Italian Post 25 barcode recognition
3. IATA 2 of 5 barcode generation
4. IATA 2 of 5 barcode recognition
5. "Royal Mail 4-state Customer Code" barcode generation
6. Aztec 2D barcode recognition
Aspose.Report for Java
1. Support for XML serialization of all 2D charts
2. Support for XML deserialization of all 2D charts
3. Support for customization of spaces between the markers
4. Support for additional customization of grid lines
5. Improved plotting of Curve charts
6. Ability to customize the labels’ area of a Radar Chart
7. Separate build for Java 1.4 environment
8. Separate build for Java 1.5 environment
9. Structure of the packages after obfuscation.
Apose.Network for Java
1. Read Outlook MSG files and its properties like subject, recipients, sender, body etc
2. Create new or update existing MSG file and update its properties
3. Read and extract attachments from MSG file
4. Read Outlook MAPI properties
What’s New in Aspose.Total for Reporting Services Q3 2010
Aspose.Total for Reporting Services is a suite of 5 unique rendering extensions for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Using these rendering extensions, SQL Server developers can easily export their RDL reports to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents. Moreover, it is also possible to add Barcodes to the exported documents with support of almost all RDL reporting elements.
Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services
1. Support for SQL Server 2008 SP2 CU8
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
1. Supports ODS export format.
2. Supports XLSB export format.
Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services
1. Font size rendering issue
2. Integrating Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode does not work
3. Component throwing exception after solution conversion
4. Problem while generating Table of Contents in PDF
5. ReportViewer extension bookmarks handling exception on MS sample
6. Unknown attribute in Heading element. The attribute name is Width.
7. Large images are generated in TOC demo in Aspose.Pdf SSRS 1.7.0
8. ReportViewer 2008 extension throws exception on demo conversion
9. Un-installation doesn't remove all information
10. Exception while report conversion from web-interface
11. Invalid parameter value exception
Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services
1. RM4SCC (Royal Mail 4-state Customer Code) barcode type generation
2. Improved the IDE designer
What’s New in Aspose.Total for JasperReports Q3 2010
Understanding the special needs of JasperReports developers, Aspose introduces Aspose.Total for JasperReports, a suite of 4 unique JasperReports Exporters. Using these exporters, developers can easily export their JasperReports reports to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. Moreover, it is also possible to add Barcodes to the exported documents using Aspose.Total for JasperReports that can be bought more affordably for one low price!
Aspose.BarCode for JasperReports
1. Italian Post 25 barcode generation with checksum support and automatic grouping of codetext
2. Support RM4SCC (Royal Mail Four States Customer) barcode generation with checksum support and automatic calculation of height of four state bars
3. IATA 2 of 5 (International Air Transport Assosiation 2 of 5) barcode generation with checksum support
- Download Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Total for JasperReports : http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx
- Read online documentation of Aspose.Total Product Family at: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/default.aspx
- Demos of Aspose.Total Product Family at: http://www.aspose.com/demos/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries in the relevant product forum of Aspose.Total Product Family: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Total Product Family blog at: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.total-for-.net-java-reporting-services-and-jasperreports/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066