QlikTech Ranks First in Customer Loyalty for Second Consecutive Year in World’s Largest Independent Survey of Business Intelligence Users
Takes Top Honors in Query Performance Satisfaction and Inclination To Purchase More Licenses
Online PR News – 29-September-2010 – – Bangalore, September 29, 2010 – QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK), the world’s fastest growing business intelligence provider, today announced its top placements in this year’s BI Survey 9 -the world’s largest independent survey of Business Intelligence (BI) and Performance Management (PM) users conducted by the Business Application Research Center (BARC). The company ranked first in customer loyalty, query performance (least complaints), and inclination to purchase more licenses, continuing to outpace larger rivals SAP (Business Objects), Oracle (Hyperion) and IBM (Cognos).
Once again the survey showed that overall, QlikTech customers were the most loyal. Customer loyalty is one of the most coveted categories among vendors, according to Barney Finucane, lead author at BARC. "Most vendors work hard to achieve top customer loyalty scores because it says a lot about both users’ experience with their product and company and the future health of the business.”
QlikTech ranked high in other key categories, including:
• Ease of use for end users was once again cited as one of the most important factors influencing the purchase decision (38% of respondents). QlikView customers gave a higher priority to ease of use for end-users than buyers of any other product (64% of respondents) compared to about 4% of SAP BW customers and 13% of Microsoft SSAS users.
• Query performance was rated highest by QlikView customers who reported the least complaints of any vendor regarding query performance related issues.
• Speed of Implementation - QlikTech was among leaders in implementation within 3 months and had 85% of customers implemented within 6 months compared to less than 60% for SAP and MicroStrategy. According to the report, QlikTech’s average rollout time is 3.3 months with a median of 2 months.
• Intention to buy more licenses - QlikTech had the highest number of customers intending to buy more licenses, solidifying its reputation in the industry as a vendor with high satisfaction and rapid growth.
• ”It’s gratifying to see that our disruptive business model of proving our value as we move through an organization is paying off in terms of customer loyalty, as intended. We hear from customers often who find our approach to be a refreshing change from the traditional enterprise software model that often turns solutions to shelfware,” said Lars Bjork, CEO of QlikTech. “The fact that this loyalty transcribes into an inclination to buy more licenses reinforces that our ‘land and expand’ sales model is an effective approach for this customer base.”
• The BI Survey 9 — now in its ninth year — is an online study that generated more than 2,000 responses analyzing 23 different BI products from October 2009 through February 2010. The purpose of this survey is to uncover the motivation behind mid-market and enterprises selecting BI products, examine how they use them and to what level business benefits as well as goals are achieved.
About Business Application Research Center (BARC)
Business Application Research Center (BARC) is a leading independent software industry analyst delivering information to more than 1000 customers each year. For more than ten years, BARC has specialized in core research areas including Data Management and Business Intelligence as well as Enterprise Content Management. BARC publishes the largest end-user survey on Business Intelligence products - The BI Survey - and the most comprehensive collection of in-depth BI product evaluations and market analysis - The BI Verdict (formerly known as The OLAP Report). More than 30 highly-qualified professionals deliver 100% unbiased and well-founded knowledge about the software market with software evaluations, conferences, market research and consulting. BARC has offices in the UK and Germany, and partners worldwide.
QlikTech’s powerful, accessible business intelligence solution enables organizations to make better and faster decisions. Its QlikView product delivers enterprise-class analytics and search with the simplicity and ease of use of office productivity software. The in-memory associative search technology it pioneered makes calculations in real-time enabling business professionals to gain insight through intuitive data exploration. Unlike traditional business intelligence products, QlikView can deliver value in days or weeks rather than months, years, or not at all. It can be deployed on premise, in the cloud, or on a laptop or mobile device—from a single user to large global enterprises. QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK) is headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, with offices around the world and a network of over 1,100 partners to serve more than 13,000 customers in over 100 countries worldwide.