Configure One Opens the Door for Rustica Hardware
12/08/2015

By replacing customized shopping carts Configure One streamlines the CPQ process for superior barn door and hardware designer and manufacturer

Online PR News – 08-December-2015 – OAK BROOK, IL – Configure One™ (www.configureone.com), a leading provider of web-based product configurator and CPQ (configure, price, quote) software, today announced that Rustica Hardware—a leading designer and manufacturer of superior barn doors and hardware—selected Configure One’s Concept Enterprise Product Configurator® after a comprehensive evaluation.

Located in Springville, Utah, Rustica Hardware began when a husband and wife became curious about doors. Today, Rustica Hardware has grown and offers a wide range of high quality doors, hardware, and tables.

Concerned with the amount of time and manual intervention required to complete the quote-to-production process, Rustica Hardware recognized that CPQ software could solve the problem. "We spend a lot of time and effort taking the information from the shopping carts and rekeying the order into NetSuite®, our ERP system," said Kate Allen, Owner and Co-CEO. "Although we try to clear all the orders in one day, sometimes there is a backlog, and the order might sit in the shopping cart waiting for review. With our existing system, it's possible for customers to configure a product that we can't physically build. Another concern is the lack of pricing consistency. Customers may get two different prices for the same product depending on how it’s configured. We want to be able to accurately configure and price a product that is buildable, and improve customer satisfaction."

As a NetSuite user, integration was a major requirement for Rustica Hardware during the selection process. "Integration to NetSuite was a big factor in our decision," said Allen. "We wanted to eliminate the manual effort, and streamline the entire quote-to-production process. We have a highly customizable product. Therefore, it was essential that we could easily define configuration rules to ensure customers only select compatible options and generate an accurate, consistent price."

After a comprehensive evaluation, Rustica Hardware selected Configure One’s Concept Enterprise Product Configurator. "We were confident that Configure One could address our issues," said Allen. "The Configure One sales team were very knowledgeable, and they have many clients that have addressed the same issues. Configure One's integration to NetSuite was far superior to the other products we evaluated. Overall, Configure One made us feel confident that we can achieve our objective."

According to Allen, Rustica Hardware expects to see many benefits to its CPQ process once Concept is fully implemented. "The biggest benefit will be the elimination of all the manual effort we put into the current process. Concept integrated to NetSuite will automatically generate production bills of material. Currently, 40% of our orders are configured online, the other 60% are through a representative. With Concept, we expect that percentage to dramatically change. The ease of use will encourage more customers to order products via the web site. As a result, we are expecting to increase sales, reduce configuration errors, and increase customer satisfaction."

"We are pleased to welcome Rustica Hardware to our growing list of NetSuite users," said Justin Rogers, a Senior Account Executive with Configure One. "We believe we can help Rustica Hardware save time and increase sales by improving the customer's buying experience."

About Configure One
Configure One is a leading provider of web-based product configurator and CPQ (configure price quote) software. Configure One’s Concept Enterprise Product Configurator® is an enterprise CPQ application that enables companies to efficiently sell and process orders for configurable, multi-option, and customizable products and services. Configure One’s customers are able to increase revenues while reducing costs by automating much of the sales, order entry, and engineering processes. Customers include industry leaders such as ABB, Alstom, Emerson Electric, Danaher, Dover Corporation, ITW (Illinois Tool Works), Leggett & Platt, Masonite Corporation, Mitsubishi, Otis Elevator, SPX Corporation, Stanley Black & Decker, and Sumitomo.