Windows tend to be one of the focal points in any room and a beautiful window blind or shades will enhance the room dĂ©cor manifold.
Online PR News – 08-December-2015 – Silverwater, NSW – Style, privacy, functionality, budget or whichever order you prefer â€“ finding the perfect window blind or shutter is neither easy nor as simple as it looks. But we come closest to showing you how it can be done.
Take a leisurely stroll around your neighbourhood and without appearing to stare, take in the window and door treatments â€“ this exercise in itself will give you some ideas that you could carry to your own home.
Windows tend to be one of the focal points in any room and a beautiful window blind or shades will enhance the room dĂ©cor manifold. So how is this achieved?
Here are some ideas our interior decorators swear, will work well:
1. Select woven wood or faux wood shades on French doors. This will enhance all the rich, dark colours in the room and add a truly sophisticated, rich look.
2. If your room has Bay windows, opt for Roman shades. Roman Shades help create a soft and elegant ambiance. Remember that neutral coloured shades work well with other colours in the room.
3. If you want to try something more â€śModernâ€ť, try Cellular Shades. Cellular shades add lovely clean lines to the room giving it a more modern twist.
4. If the room has neutral colours then we recommend adding dark-coloured shades to the windows â€“ these will break up the monotony and at the same time, match the wooden furniture in the room.
5. If the functionality you are looking for calls for adequate light-control with a casual ambience, we recommend wooden blinds. Custom Roman Blinds not only make the room look more casual, they offer excellent light control functionality.
6. If high energy bills bother you, look for Cellular Shades. Cellular shades have a double honeycomb pattern which are highly effective in retaining or keeping out the heat. To retain heat, leave them open in the day and closed at hight and vise-versa if you need to keep the heat out. Opt for Cellular shades with subtle pattern â€“ these add an interest without overwhelming anything â€“ ideal for bedrooms too.
7. After spending months or years in the same kitchen, did you know that you could change its style and appearance by just adding some Sunweave Shades to your kitchen widows? The sunweave shade will protect the counter-tops and all kitchen accessories because it is very effective at blocking the Sun's ultra-violet rays â€“ rays that make coloured gadgetry look faded.
8. A cozy feeling can be achieved by shopping for Roller Shades. Apart from providing a simple and clean window treatment, roller shades (due to their texture and a blackout liner); makes the room look cozier and more intimate.
You can find all these and more at http://apolloblinds.com.au/ - the ultimate armchair shopping destination for blinds and Plantation Shutters Australia. Remember, you can also request for their personnel to come measure your windows. Happy decorating!