SMi's 9th annual conference will focus on all telecommunication aspects in oil and gas, from initial exploration through to extraction, transport and processes
Online PR News – 01-December-2015 – London – SMi’s 9th annual Oil and Gas Telecommunications conference, taking place on the 14th and 15th March 2016 in London, will focus on the challenges currently faced by IT professionals, CTOs, network engineers and integrators responsible for procuring and implementing communications systems in offshore and remote environments. The two-day conference programme will feature an array of keynote addresses, presentations and case studies providing valuable insight on how overcome various technology challenges have been overcome – whether from satellite, wireless, fibre, etc., while also addressing the implementation and operation of any communications network - interoperability, security, cost containment, scalability.
Furthermore, SMi is proud to announce that Statoil’s Drilling and Well Solutions Leader, Einar Landre, will be delivering a case study taking place on Day One at 09:50 titled ‘The digital oil field - the industry's saving grace?'. His presentation will cover the following key points:
• Remote field assessment and management – “Bringing the field to the operator rather than the operator to the field”
• Why is it imperative to utilise modern IT, automation and communications technologies?
• How digital oil field allows operators to make rational decisions?
• Environmental monitoring opportunity
Speaker Panel includes:
• Einar Landre, Leader Drilling & Well Solutions, Statoil
• Ibrahim Lahmer, Network and Security Administrator, NOC Libya
• Roy Milne, Maintenance Superintendent, KCA Deutag Drilling
• Bill Green, Global Account Director, SpeedCast
• Ian Theophilus, Programme Manager & CEO, DigiRig Ltd – consulting to BP Global Infrastructure and Operations
• Martin Coleman, Executive Director, Satellite Interference Reduction Group
• Dennis Vause, Information Systems Solutions Architect, G12 IT
• Brendan O’Mahony, Director Market Access and Licensing, Access Partnership
• Tagbo Nfedo, Senior Applications Consultant, Digital I-field Solutions
• Christian Hyde, Founder and Director, Hyde & Associates
• Aaarti Holla, Secretary General, EMEA Satellite Operators Association
To view the full speaker line-up and two-day conference programme, visit http://www.oilandgastelecomms.com/onlineprnews