Features Include File Security Management, Source Analysis, Project Scheduling, Cutover Validation and Expansion of Underlying Architecture
Online PR News – 21-November-2015 – TEANECK, NJ – Data Dynamics, Inc., a leader in storage management solutions for unstructured data, today announced the release of StorageX 7.7, continuing to expand on its leadership as the software defined migration and management solution of choice. The exponential growth of data along with heterogeneous storage environments has led to a storage management challenge both for ongoing operations as well as migrations and refreshes. StorageX 7.7 addresses many of the challenges faced during transitions, including deeper understanding of the source infrastructure, ensuring security access is in compliance, scheduling and planning cutovers to new destination storage devices as well as robust reporting. In addition, to meet the scale of petabyte plus environments, StorageX 7.7 has been upgraded to a 64 bit architecture, giving it the ability to scale as well as accelerate the speed at which it moves data.
According to IDC the worldwide file-and-object-based storage (FOBS) market will reach $43.4 billion by 2018. The foundation of Ethernet as a datacenter fabric, the extension of IP as a transport mechanism for storage and data traffic, and the extension of storage access to mobile devices and cloud will drive demand for file-and-object-based storage solutions. Growth will primarily come from scale-out software-based file and object-based platforms.
"Computacenter has recently partnered with Data Dynamics to move file data more efficiently and effectively than previously possible," said Bill McGloin, Chief Technologist, Computacenter. "Through the use of the Data Dynamics StorageX toolset, Computacenter can offer movement of data detailing what moved, where it moved and even what didn't move (and why). It does this while reducing disruption, decreasing migration time by 600% and reducing network load."
StorageX 7.7 offers new features that strategically allow enterprises to effectively mobilize unstructured data. These new features include:
· File security management: StorageX allows users to automatically map SIDs from the source to the destination using one or more SID mapping rules. Any SID can be replaced in a CIFS security descriptor with any other SID, clean orphaned SIDS, and even translate SIDs across domains.
· Business impact planning and management: StorageX now provides a new Cutover Estimation tab. The Cutover Estimation tab allows users to plan cutover windows for one or more resources. The Cutover Estimation tab analyses policies based on past incremental runs to determine if they will finish within a specified cutover window.
· Cluster-aware data mobility: For data movement policies and migration projects, StorageX now allows users to choose which nodes to utilize for reading and writing to and from clustered NetApp and EMC Isilon resources.
· Visual data mobility planning: StorageX now provides a graphical representation of upcoming scheduled items with the Calendar view. The StorageX Calendar provides daily, weekly, and monthly views of scheduled actions that users can filter and group to identify any conflicts in your schedule.
· 64-bit architecture: StorageX applications, including the StorageX server, Console, Windows replication agent, FileInsight, LogViewerX, and the Support Site Kit, now run as 64-bit processes.
"The industry is seeing a huge shift in how enterprises migrate, manage and protect their multi-vendor storage infrastructure," said Piyush Mehta, CEO, Data Dynamics. "StorageX addresses the requirements for the modern data center, providing the portability to create and provision new NAS platforms from a single user interface to manage migrations and management of the entire NAS storage estate. As a result, businesses can minimize risk and cut user downtime while maximizing overall data value."
The new StorageX 7.7 Is available now, with pricing starting at $50,000.
For more information, please visit: http://www.datadynamicsinc.com/products/storagex-platform/
Tweet This: .@DataDynamicsInc mobilizes unstructured data with new StorageX 7.7
Follow Data Dynamics, Inc. on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/datadynamicsinc
Visit Data Dynamics, Inc. on the Web at: http://www.datadynamicsinc.com
About the StorageX Platform
StorageX enables the intelligent migration to and management of unstructured storage with its software defined data migration platform. It empowers enterprises to reduce operational inefficiencies and risk with a single policy-based storage management platform that provides oversight and controls over multi-vendor physical and cloud storage silos. High levels of automation allow IT administrators to intelligently discover, analyze, optimize, migrate, manage and report on large data assets for next-generation storage environments. StorageX improves business intelligence by maximizing end user insights from the storage infrastructure, enhancing business continuity and reducing storage complexities related to hybrid and private cloud storage infrastructure management.
About Data Dynamics
Data Dynamics is a leader in storage management solutions for unstructured data to enable the agile discovery, analysis, optimization, migration and management of large data assets across the information lifecycle. Its award-winning software defined data migration platform StorageX, eliminates multi-vendor storage silos providing enterprises with an intelligent, policy-based, cloud storage management platform to empower data portability, usability and insight for business agility and operational efficiency. StorageX has been adopted by hundreds of enterprise customers, Fortune 500 companies, and large municipal governments to increase storage portability for the simplified adoption of next-generation heterogeneous datacenter and cloud infrastructures. For more information, please visit: www.datadynamicsinc.com.
The Ventana Group