Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer 1.2 Boosts Operating System, Virtualization and Switch Support
Online PR News – 16-September-2009 – – SANTA CLARA, Calif. — September 15, 2009 — Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (NYSE: HIT) and the only provider of Services Oriented Storage Solutions, today announced the Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer, version 1.2, offering comprehensive monitoring software for mid-market customers. Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer 1.2 provides a customized Application Product Interface (API) which four Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are currently integrating, and also includes expanded operating system, virtualization and switch support.
Introduced in April 2009, the Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer software is the only mid-sized business product designed to monitor and diagnose up to 250 heterogeneous servers, switch and storage nodes across the data center through a single unified interface. The software provides easy-to-use, comprehensive monitoring capabilities that streamline IT operations and improve customer service levels while reducing the total cost of ownership. Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer 1.2 software introduces a rich API which is currently being integrated by DeepNines Technologies, Lumeta, Netcordia, and Sentrigo, Inc. Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer 1.2 also extends its multiple operating system monitoring support, with the inclusion of Sun Microsystems’ Solaris in addition to previous support options for Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux.
“In less than a year, our IT Operations Analyzer offering has generated a tremendous amount of interest from the ISV community, particularly as its adoption grows and demand for comprehensive easy-to-manage monitoring solutions for multivendor, multiplatform servers, networks and storage has risen,” said Sean Moser, vice president of Software Product Management, Hitachi Data Systems. “This new release makes the software an even more comprehensive data center solution that IT managers can easily utilize without needing to invest in specialist knowledge, allowing for rapid problem resolution while reducing the overall cost of ownership.”
Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer 1.2 also introduces monitoring support for NetApp FAS, Cisco FC and Juniper EX-Series, and expands its VMware virtualization support with the inclusion of VMware ESXi. Additional software features include:
* Automated root cause analysis: drives quick recovery and reduces downtime
* Agentless architecture: eliminates the need to install monitoring software agents on each device in the data center; and
* Unified interface: allows simultaneous, single interface monitoring of all IT components, enabling the user to easily keep an eye on network performance while getting other work done
"Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer is perfect for mid-sized companies managing heterogeneous server, storage and switch nodes in a data center environment, where ease of use is a primary concern,” said Richard Falconer, managing director, IBERTEK Business Solutions.
Supporting Partner Quotes
* Shawn Eldridge, vice president of Marketing and Products, DeepNines Technologies: “We’re pleased to announce an integrated solution that combines the power of our Security Edge Platform with the proven technologies of Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer and focuses on helping medium-size businesses monitor, manage and protect the entire data center. Customers will benefit from having one tool that is capable of truly controlling network usage and compliance. DeepNines is at a pinnacle of technology advancements in our market space, and to join forces with Hitachi Data Systems for this cutting-edge offering is very exciting.”
* David Hickey, president and CEO, Lumeta: “Lumeta and Hitachi Data Systems have teamed together to offer a unique opportunity to mid-size organizations to regain control of everything in the data center — including undiscovered devices and connections — using our integrated solution. Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer capitalizes on Lumeta IPsonar’s industry-leading network discovery to enable the IT generalist to improve efficiencies and reduce risks with an accurate global network view.”
* Don Pyle, CEO, Netcordia: “Network managers depend on being able to see changes, understand the impact of changes and manage what’s happening to the infrastructure. We’re very pleased to bring together our Netcordia NetMRI with Hitachi’s IT Operations Analyzer for a complete, end-to-end monitoring solution that helps midsize businesses take control of their infrastructure with pervasive visibility, effective change management and network compliance. Change may be good, but only if you can effectively manage it. That’s what this solution delivers.”
* Nathan Shuchami, CEO, Sentrigo, Inc.: “The risks of external intrusions and insider misuse create real challenges for any company in protecting their critical databases and other IT assets. Hitachi Data Systems and Sentrigo are joining hands to offer an easy-to-implement, cost-effective, and integrated solution to medium-size businesses, to prevent breaches to mission critical corporate databases. By centrally monitoring and managing servers, storage and networks with Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer, and all database activity with Sentrigo’s Hedgehog, companies are better able to safeguard sensitive data and comply with relevant regulations, standards and IT governance policies.”
* Learn more about Hitachi IT Operations Analyzer: http://itoperations.hds.com
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HDScorp
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation provides Services Oriented Storage Solutions that enable heterogeneous storage to be dynamically provisioned according to business needs and centrally managed via industry-leading Hitachi storage virtualization software. With over 4,100 employees, and as an integral part of the Hitachi Storage Solutions Group, Hitachi Data Systems delivers storage infrastructure platforms, storage management software, and storage consulting services through direct and indirect channels in over 170 countries and regions. Its customers include nearly 60 percent of the top 100 companies on the Fortune 500®. For more information, visit the company's Web site at http://www.hds.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 400,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2008 (ended March 31, 2009) consolidated revenues totaled 10,000 billion yen ($102.0 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, materials, logistics and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Hitachi Data Systems