Enhancements improve Business Processes and Responsiveness to Customers
Online PR News – 02-September-2015 – Dubai, UAE – According to a recent study by AIIM*, document scanning technologies continue to play a critical role in speeding up work processes:
• Improved searchability and sharability of business documents is the biggest driver for scanning and capture.
• 38% of survey respondents showed ROI from digital mailrooms within 12 months, and 60% within 18 months.
• Respondents list faster turnaround to customers and more efficient data capture as the main benefits**.
Efficient document management can therefore make a major impact to an organization’s bottom line with production scanners the workhorses to achieve this. To continue to innovate in this segment of the scanner marketplace, Kodak Alaris announces today that has refreshed its existing i4000 Scanner family adding performance enhancements and introducing a new model to the range.
The enhanced Kodak i4250 and i4650 Scanners and the new i4850 Scanner are built on the i4000 platform and are now equipped with features that help scanning professionals process documents more efficiently than ever before. All models scan in duplex***, colour and black and white, resolutions up to 600 dpi, and paper sizes up to A3.
The new scanners are ideal for busy office environments, service bureaus, business process outsourcers (BPOs), corporate and government mailrooms who demand superior image quality, speed and reliability.
“Kodak Alaris is committed to helping our customers continuously improve their document capture processes – and in turn, achieve better business results. Our new i4000 Series Scanners maintain the strong features that our customers have come to rely on, and add enhanced functionality to help organizations speed up business transactions,” said Hauke Fast, EAMER Product Marketing Manager, Information Management, Kodak Alaris.
Next generation scanners offer more productivity
The new i4000 Series Scanners provide organizations with time-saving features that prevent interruptions and improve productivity, including:
Improved paper handling features
• Increased paper throughput. The i4000 Series Scanners are designed to accommodate a variety of document processing needs, allowing organizations to select the model that best suits the volume, speed and performance their business requires. Processing speeds for the i4250 and i4650 are now 110 and 130 pages per minute (ppm) respectively – that’s up 10 ppm compared to previous models – with these scanners designed to handle volumes of 40,000 and 75,000 pages per day. The top of the range, i4850, is a true work horse and has the power to process bigger jobs at speeds up to 150 ppm and 125,000 pages per day.
• A larger control panel screen. This provides a clearer view of scanner status and menu options to empower users to quickly resolve issues using the scanner, thereby eliminating time spent moving from scanner to PC. This improves staff productivity.
• Interactive multi-feed resolution. This cleverly monitors paper multi-feeds and allows operators to quickly accept, ignore or rescan images using the larger control panel screen, a PC or via a touchscreen. To make resolving paper multi-feeds even easier, the new scanners are designed to not fully eject the page causing the problem so it is clear for the operator where the error lies.
• Intelligent Document Protection (IDP). IDP monitors the condition of paper being scanned, ‘listening’ for the sound of paper crumpling and stopping the scanner automatically prior to jams which can be caused by staples, paperclips or other blockages. This effectively avoids potential document damage.
• Intelligent Imprinting with simple patch counting. Available on the i4850 only, the scanner can be set to print date, time or other information onto documents once scanned – to help for example with auditing - with the patch counting assisting processing large multi-batch jobs to eliminate interruptions.
Improved image processing features
• Advanced barcode reading which enables the recognition and transmission of up to four barcode values per page directly into business applications. This adds value to software developers and business applications as it removes the need to buy and use a 3rd party barcode reading tools. The new i4000 Series Scanners support QR codes and 10 common barcode types including PDF 417, Code 3 of 9, Interleaved 2 of 5 and EAN 8 and 13.
• Perfect Page imaging technology which delivers crisp, clear images regardless of the document’s original condition and makes additional processing functions, such as optical character recognition (OCR), easier and more accurate.
• KODAK Capture Pro Software Limited Edition (LE), which makes it easy to edit, enhance and manage a wide variety of documents.
Companies who have achieved real tangible results from i4000 series scanners
Many firms in various industries have benefited from using i4000 Series Scanners. For example:
• Agria, the largest pet insurer in the world, is scanning claims forms and supporting paperwork to improve administrative efficiency in its UK operation. Last year Agria received 75,000 claims and paid out £20 million ($31M) to British customers insuring their cats and dogs. The KODAK i4600 Scanner with KODAK Capture Pro Software enables information to be centrally stored and accessed by staff members, making retrieval fast when historical claims data is required.
• Lifetime Care, a home healthcare services provider that serves an average of 3,000 patients per day, is using the i4000 Series Scanner to help increase care providers’ access to patient files, reduce errors and improve the quality of patient care.
• COMPU-DATA International set up a scanning architecture to serve a large government project with a quick turnaround time for millions of documents. The architecture included five scanners from Kodak Alaris, including three i4600 Scanners, which added horsepower and image accuracy rates above 99 percent.
Service and support. Productivity assured.
Thousands of customers worldwide enjoy maximum productivity from Kodak Alaris thanks to the variety of service and support plans that keep their scanner and software systems operating at peak performance. Preventative maintenance, installation, training, priority response, remote support, next day replacements, and software assurance are just a few of the valued offerings that customers trust to the expertise and experience of Kodak Alaris. A full range of service and support contracts are available for i4000 Series Scanners to keep productivity at peak levels.
The i4000 Series Scanners are available today and support Microsoft Windows and LINUX operating systems. The i4250 and i4650 cost €10,500 and €15,500 respectively with the i4850 priced at €25,500. Optional A4 and A3 tethered flatbed accessories are also available for all models. For more information on the i4000 Series Scanners, visit www.kodakalaris.com/go/i4000news.
* The Association for Information and Image Management
** AIIM Industry Watch Paper Wars 2014 – an update from the battlefield
*** Both sides of a document in one pass
About the Information Management Division of Kodak Alaris
Kodak Alaris is a new company driven by the simple belief that “we can always find a better way.” Our Information Management division helps organizations capture content from digital and paper sources, extract insights, and deliver the right information to the right place at the right time for better outcomes. Our portfolio includes document scanners, a global service and support team, and software and solutions that capture and intelligently manage information. For small offices and large-scale organizations, we provide new ways to automate processes, improve customer interactions and make smarter business decisions. To learn more, please visit www.kodakalaris.com/go/IMnews. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/kodakdi and twitter.com/KodakDI_EAMER and visit our blogs at KnowledgeShare and informationdynamix.com.
The Kodak trademark and trade dress are used under license from Eastman Kodak Company.