The new research compares the two largest ERP vendors, SAP and Oracle, and provides a review of functionality and a detailed listing of their competing products and technologies.
Online PR News – 15-September-2010 – – Panorama Consulting Group, an independent ERP consulting firm, today released a new ERP report titled Clash of the Titans: SAP vs. Oracle. The new research compares the two largest ERP vendors, SAP and Oracle, and provides a review of functionality and a detailed listing of their competing products and technologies.
The intent of this report is to provide an independent and balanced comparison of the ERP market’s two leading software providers. Panorama is in no way affiliated with SAP, Oracle, or any other software vendor or reseller.
Clash of the Titans: SAP vs. Oracle Highlights
• The ERP report provides comparison data on SAP and Oracle by reviewing each vendor by market share, user satisfaction, implementation duration, payback period, project cost, and benefits realization.
• The ERP report further investigates the two ERP vendors by providing a review of Oracle e-Business Suite and SAP Business Suite, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and PeopleSoft Enterprise, SAP Business All-in-One, and SAP Business One, as well as an on-demand software as a service (SaaS) model comparison of SAP ByDesign and Oracle On-Demand.
• The ERP report provides an analysis of SAP and Oracle’s technology infrastructure and future roadmap.
• The ERP report provides average functional scores for each ERP vendor based on Panorama’s client ratings of each vendor. These results are average numbers from clients that included both SAP and Oracle on their short-lists.
• The report provides an overall assessment of each ERP vendor’s functional strengths.
“SAP and Oracle are the industry’s leading ERP vendors for good reasons,” says Eric Kimberling. “However, as with any comparison of ERP Software solutions, each has its strengths, weaknesses, and trade-offs depending on a company’s unique business requirements. Potential ERP solutions should be objectively compared against these individual organizational needs as part of an effective ERP software selection process.”
To offer further analysis of the study results, Kimberling will present the free webinar on Thursday, September 16, at 10:00 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time. Register for this webcast at: http://panorama-consulting.com/resource-center/erp-webinars/.
The full report is available for download at: http://panorama-consulting.com/resource-center/clash-of-the-titans-sap-vs-oracle/.
Panorama Consulting Group
Founded in 2005, Panorama Consulting Group is a niche consulting firm specializing in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) market for mid-sized companies across the globe. Independent of affiliation, Panorama helps firms evaluate and select ERP software, manages the implementation of the software, and facilitates all related organizational change management to assure that each of its clients realize the full business benefits of their ERP implementation. More information can be found on the company’s web site: http://www.Panorama-Consulting.com.