Virtual Strategy Magazine's VSM Labs Reviewed Starwind’s Storage Virtualization and iSCSI SAN Software as VMware Shared Storage And Called It Highly Cost Effective and Able To Fit A Wide Range Of Needs
Online PR News – 11-September-2009 – – Burlington, MA – StarWind Software, a global leader in storage virtualization and iSCSI Storage Software for small and midsize companies, was reviewed in the Virtual Strategy Magazine by its VSM Labs (http://www.virtual-strategy.com/VSM-Labs/). StarWind’s iSCSI SAN software enables customers to convert any Windows Server 2003 or 2008 into an enterprise-class SAN and vastly improves VMware and other server application data with Synchronous Data Mirroring, Remote Replication, CDP & Automatic Snapshots and Thin Provisioning.
The labs reviewed the software in depth and had this to say about StarWind, “The simplicity of providing virtualization with a software iSCSI SAN solution allows StarWind to fit a wide range of IT needs.” VSM Labs further points out, “It is the virtualization of systems via a Virtual Operating Environment (VOE); however, that now garners the lion's share of attention from CIOs. More importantly, to maximize the benefits of a VOE, such as VMware Virtual Infrastructure, shared SAN-based storage is a prerequisite.”
“We are excited that the VSM Labs exhaustive review of our software and how it turns a standard server into VMware shared storage was valuable to our customers.” said Zorian Rotenberg, President and CEO, StarWind Software, “We focus on the small and midsize companies and many of our customers have VMware virtualized environments and want to ensure that they have access to a great storage solution that they can afford.”
Key Features of StarWind Enterprise Server include:
• Synchronous Data Mirroring: eliminates single point of failure with real-time mirroring.
• Remote / Asynchronous Replication: replicates your storage remotely across a WAN.
• CDP & Automatic Snapshots: captures point-in-time snapshots with unlimited rollback points.
• Server Clustering: provides shared storage for High Availability server clustering.
• Thin Provisioning: allocates space dynamically for highly efficient disk utilization.
Key Benefits of StarWind Enterprise Server:
• Convert any 64-bit or 32-bit Windows server into a SAN
• Unlimited node connections and unlimited TB storage capacity
• License covers a pair or 2 servers for mirroring and replication
• Shared storage for High Availability server cluster configurations
• Networked storage for VMware ESX and ESXi, Hyper-V and XenServer
• Supports VMware features: VMotion, Storage VMotion, HA, DRS and VCB
• Can be configured with single or dual controllers and RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50
The full report is available from the StarWind Website
About StarWind Software Inc.
StarWind Software is a leading global provider of Storage Virtualization and iSCSI Storage Software. The flagship product, StarWind Enterprise Server, is a storage virtualization software that turns any Windows server into an enterprise-class SAN it is designed to create shared storage used by server clusters within high availability environments for server applications such as Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint Server and others. It is also designed to provide shared storage for virtualization environments with Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, VMware ESXi and VMware vSphere 4.0. Its enterprise-class features include Synchronous Data Mirroring, Remote Replication, CDP / Instant Snapshots, Thin Provisioning and Virtual Tape Library (VTL). Since 2003, StarWind has pioneered the iSCSI storage industry and has been the solution of choice for thousands of global companies in over 100 countries, from small and midsize companies, to governments, and Fortune 1000 clients. For additional information regarding StarWind Software, please visit www.StarWindSoftware.com.
StarWind Software and the StarWind logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of StarWind Software Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.