Retirement communities are evaluated and ranked on a monthly basis.
Online PR News – 10-September-2009 – – Plymouth IN –After extensive evaluations and going through hundreds of applicants, BestRetirementDestinations.com has narrowed down its list of the best beach and waterfront living communities. BestRetrementDestinations.com hopes that by highlighting these communities, retirees would be able to find the communities that would best provide for their retirement needs.
Beach and waterfront living is growing because of the popularity of water elements for retirees. In addition, living close to the water has therapeutic advantages that increase the quality of living for retirees. In beach and waterfront retirement communities, it is also important that community administrators incorporate fun and fulfilling activities for those who want to maintain active lives after retirement.
Each of the communities in these rankings has proven that they have what it takes to deliver on an excellent retirement experience. Listed is the Top Beach and Waterfront Retirement Destinations, and other top communities.
1. Seaside- Sea Island, GA
2. Hideout Canyon- Salt lake City, UT
3. Stone Creek Ranch- Delray Beach FL
4. Golf Retreat North- Sea Island Georgia
5. Greenbrier Sporting Club- Sulphur Springs WV
6. Hawkins Island- Sea Island Georgia
7. WaterColor- Santa Rosa Beach, FL
8. Harbour Ridge Yacht & Country Club- Palm City FL
9. Red Ledges- Heber City UT
10. Dataw Island- Dataw Island SC
11. Reynolds Plantation- Greensboro, Georgia
12. Town of WaterSound- WaterSound, Florida
13. Kiva Dunes- Gulf Shores, Alabama
14. Trillium- Cashiers, North Carolina
15. The Cliffs at Keowee- Salem, South Carolina
16. Daley Ranch- Dillon, Colorado
17. The Champions’ Club- Trinity, Florida
18. Lakewood Ranch- Sarasota, Florida
19. The Gateway Grand- Ocean City, Maryland
20. The Riverfront- Suffolk, Virginia
21. Albemarle Plantation- Herford, North Carolina
22. WindMark Beach- St. Joe, Florida
23. Pauoa Beach- Kohala Coast, Hawaii
24. Arrowhead Grand- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
25. The Peninsula at Golden Isles- St. Simons Island, Georgia
26. The Bluffs on the Cape Fear- Leland, North Carolina
27. Mission Bay- Polson, Montana
28. The Plaza Harbour Island- Tampa, Florida
29. The Coves at Smith Mountain Lake- Hardy, Virginia
30. The Grand at Diamond Beach- Diamond Beach, New Jersey
Several factors were considered by BestRetirementDestinations.com in ranking these waterfront living communities. The five primary factors that complete the criteria for ranking include Water Quality, to determine the condition of the water retirees will be spending their time in; Visual Appeal, to consider the homes and facilities that will be used; The recreational activities offered, to see the variety and level of difficulty they have; Social networking, to reflect what type of social networking Functions are offered; and, lastly, the Safety of retirees in the communities.
Beach and Waterfront Living Retirement Communities that would like to be considered for the rankings can apply at:
Learn more about the Top Beach and Waterfront Retirement Communities.
Follow Us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bestcommunities