Stonefield Software is pleased to announce the release of the New Ad Hoc Reporting Software Stonefield Query SDK Version 5.1.
Online PR News – 24-April-2015 – Orlando, Florida – Stonefield Software is pleased to announce the release of the New Ad Hoc Reporting Software Stonefield Query SDK Version 5.1. Several new features and up-grades from the previous version.
- Several changes were made to gauges. First, the gauge has a new, more attractive appearance, including an option to show the current value using “digital” digits like a speedometer. Second, the performance of gauges on some systems was dramatically improved. Third, there are several new settings: you can specify that the goal comes from a specific value rather than a field, saving you having to create a formula for this purpose; you can specify the font and color of the gauge labels; you can specify band end values as amounts instead of percentages; and you can specify at what percentage the goal value appears. Also, the “distinct” setting in the Customize Wizard is now available.
- You can now edit labels using the Advanced Report Designer, allowing you to move fields around or tweak the layout.
- The new Grid Bars option for charts draws alternating horizontal bars in a chart, making a more attractive chart.
- The new Scheduled Tasks function in the Tools menu allows you to display the status of your scheduled reports, including last run date and result, and edit or delete schedules.
- The new Find Reports Using a Field and Find Reports by Name functions allow you to see which reports include a particular field, either in the report itself or in the filter conditions for the report, or to find reports containing text you specify in the name.
- A new Summary option for grouping formulas, Combine, allows you to combine the values of a field from several records. This is useful, for example, to create a formula that lists all of the products purchased by a customers in a single record rather than one record per purchase.
Stonefield Query Studio
- The new Default summary setting controls how the Summary setting for field is automatically set when the field is added to a quick report.
- The new Allow Access to Reports When No Access to Fields configuration setting allows you to specify whether the user cannot see reports containing fields they don’t have access to (the former behavior and the default behavior now) or they can see and run those reports but they act like the fields aren’t in the report. The benefit of this is that if you have a report containing mostly regular fields but also one field only certain users can see, you don’t have to create separate reports, one without the field for most users and one with the field for those certain users.
- The Find Field and Find Next Field functions in the Edit menu and the toolbar allow you to find a field having some text in the Name or Caption properties.
The new Application.BeforeShutdown event allows you to determine whether the user can close Stonefield Query.
- The User object has a new Email property.
- Studio now prompts you for a “previous version number” when it encounters fields in the data dictionary that no longer exist in the database when refreshing. This allows you to refresh against a new version of the database without removing fields from an older one that are supposed to stay in the data dictionary. It also does the same for tables that no longer exist.
For a complete list of all the new functions please visit the Stonefield Query website to download the full function demo and start creating reports today.
We make reporting... Simple!
About Stonefield Software, Inc.
Stonefield Software Inc., the maker of the award-winning Stonefield Query, has been developing Business Intelligence Reporting solutions since 1991.
Stonefield Software's SDK version of Stonefield Query works with most database applications including: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, Pervasive, FoxPro, and more.
Stonefield has partnered with over 800 OEM and ISV partners to deliver ad hoc query and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions to more than 225,000 users in over 65 countries globally to date. Our customers span all sectors and industries from: public to private, military to non-profits, Fortune 500 to SMEs.
Stonefield Query has been designed and developed with the end-user in mind.