Haberman's Suckle Feeder, the innovative baby bottle recommended for nursing moms, has clinched a coveted 2015 Prima Baby Gold Award.
Online PR News – 30-March-2015 – London, UK – Haberman is delighted to announce that its Suckle Feeder, an innovation that helps nursing moms to prolong breastfeeding and encourages babies to bottle feed more actively, has been awarded a coveted 2015 Prima Baby Gold Award.
The Suckle Feeder is a patented baby feeder designed to work alongside breastfeeding. Its nipple responds to a baby's natural suckling action, encouraging active feeding and the same degree of oral activity as breastfeeding.
Nursing mothers need support to encourage them to breastfeed for longer. Moderate increases in prolonging breastfeeding would translate into millions of pounds of cost savings for the National Health Service and tens of thousands of fewer hospital admissions and medical practitioner consultations.
Breastfeeding facts (UK):
* Over 25% of women with newborns don’t (or can’t) breastfeed.
* Over 50% of women aren’t breastfeeding at 6 weeks.
* Less than 1% of babies are breastfed exclusively at 26 weeks
(UK Government Statistics. Department of Health)
Nursing moms often use mixed feeding methods either out of choice or as a result of other challenges. However, until the Suckle Feeder was introduced into the marketplace, no other feeding solution existed that mirrored the mechanics of breastfeeding, allowing babies to actively suckle when bottle-feeding. The Suckle Feeder provides more flexibility, reassurance and encouragement to nursing mothers to breastfeed for longer. Combination (or mixed) feeding is much more successful if a bottle feeds in the same way as the breast.
Commenting on the Prima Baby Gold Award Mandy Haberman, inventor, founder and director of Haberman said:
"It is a great honour to have won a Gold Prima Baby Award. This represents a tremendous accomplishment for us and we are thrilled. We are passionate about developing smart products and it is wonderful to have the endorsement and seal of approval of one of the most trusted parenting brands in the industry. We look forward to continuing to strengthen our position with our innovations that support both child and parent well-being."
For further information please visit http://habermanbaby.com/suckle-feeder
All media enquiries, product samples and reviews or expert comment contact Haberman at: http://habermanbaby.com/media-enquiries.
Retail/Trade enquiries: http://habermanbaby.com/retailers-contact-form
Healthcare professionals: http://habermanbaby.com/medical-healthcare-professionals-contact-form
Suckle Feeder: Why #itsbetterthanabottle
The Suckle Feeder is the only feeding solution that feeds from a closed teat (nipple), resulting in a more natural suckling based system that responds without back flow to lip, jaw and tongue pressure, peristaltic motion plus low negative pressure.
Suckle Feeder Benefits:
* Enables a baby to suckle naturally and work actively to feed. This process properly exercises a baby's oral muscles, encouraging oral development, actively engaging over 40 individual muscles.
* Encourages controlled, slower feeding and longer suckling, ensuring a baby avoids guzzling and overfeeding and follows the same growth pattern as a breastfed baby.¹
"The majority of babies are bottle fed and bottle fed babies need to grow like breastfed babies,” says Professor Atul Singhal of the Childhood Nutrition Research Centre, Institute of Child Health, UCL.
* Reduces the likelihood of air ingestion from outside the bottle, inside the bottle and inside the milk as it filters out bubbles and froth, preventing a baby swallowing air, helping reduce reflux and colic.
* As the teat remains full at any angle a baby can feed in a more natural position that is better for digestion.
* Unlike conventional baby bottles, with the Suckle Feeder a baby doesn't teach a baby a different way to feed, so there is less likelihood of nipple confusion.
* It provides a means of feeding with expressed breast milk, allowing dads, carers or other family members to share the feeding experience, giving nursing mums a well-earned rest.
¹Early feeding patterns shape future appetite: http://habermanbaby.com/early-feeding-patterns-shape-future-appetite
What is Suckling: http://habermanbaby.com/what-is-suckling-anyway
Suckle Feeder RRP: £7.49.
Teat and filter replacements: RRP £3.75.
Triple packs £17.99.
Available from major Boots stores, Boots.com and other leading retailers including Morrisons, Mothercare (UK),Anywayup.com and Amazon.
About Haberman: Feeding Innovation
For over 30 years, Haberman has been shaping the future of feeding, working with consumers, pediatricians and dental experts, to support both child and parent well-being, promoting a person-centred approach to feeding care that recognizes the differences in family situations.
About Prima Baby Awards
The Prima Baby Awards honor excellence and recognize and reward the best products and services in the baby and parenting industry. All Award entries are tested and judged by a team of baby and parenting experts as well as a panel of parents who put the products through their paces. As Prima Baby readers trust and rely on feedback it is vitally important that it totally believes in the products and services it is endorsing.
All Prima Baby award-winning and shortlisted entrants feature on a special Prima Baby Awards hub on MadeForMums.com where it's described as: "Highly-recommended as a bottle that's ideal for breastfeeding mums who also want to bottle feed" - MadeforMums.com."
Twitter/Facebook: http://twitter.com/PrimaBabyAwards #PrimaBabyAwards