The GSA (General Services Administration) is looking at substitute models for cloud contract vehicles...
Online PR News – 27-March-2015 – Cincinnati/Ohio – The GSA (General Services Administration) is looking at substitute models for cloud contract vehicles and wishes input from industry and Govt on how cloud services are brought & sold and how the procedure can be enhanced.
GSA presently provides Infrastructure-as-a-Service & Email-as-a-Service contracts via Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA)and organizations can buy other cloud services via IT Schedule 70, Networx & GWACs administered by GSA, NASA and Health & Human Services.
The organization plans to develop a new central agreement model and wishes to pick together the lessons learned over the previous 4 years to make sure the new contract vehicle is productive.
General Services Administration noted this request is detach from other cloud RFIs, such as the plan on developing a fresh cloud SIN.
The RFI recognizes 6 areas key for enhancement and indexes sets of queries specially modified to Govt officials & industry experts.
For feds, General Services Administration is keen to learn:
• What are the needs of agencies?
• How you’re employing BPAs? What cloud contracts are being employed outside the BPAs?
• What difficulties prevent cloud attainments?
• What contract kinds would you prefer?
• Possible usage and budget supervision structures, education requirements and needs that must be included in a vital contract.
The organization is keen in industry’s take on:
• Obstacles precise to selling cloud services
• Product & service groups to be incorporated in a new vehicle
• Maintaining flexibility to comprise new technologies as they’re developed
• Acquirement structure & developing a consistent acquirement methodology
• Including combined discounts that’d lower expenses on successive purchases once a sure government-wide threshold is met.
Rippe & Kingston Systems, Inc. has clients in 44 States and nine nations. Our Contract Guardian contract management software has been an important part of our overall success. Hospitals and healthcare were the 1st clients to influence this powerful product and then it extend to other industries.