Local real estate group celebrating festivities with residents and vacationers.
Online PR News – 19-March-2015 – Lake Almanor, CA – – Coldwell Banker Plumas County, a group of Coldwell Banker realtors representing the Lake Almanor and greater Plumas County areas, joins its local residents in observance of the 100th anniversary of Lassen Peak’s famous eruption. On May 22, 1915, an explosive eruption at Lassen Peak, the southernmost active volcano in the Cascade Range, devastated nearby areas and rained volcanic ash as far away as 200 miles to the east. This explosion was the most powerful in a 1914-17 series of eruptions that were the last to occur in the Cascades before the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens.
Lassen Peak is the largest of a group of more than 30 volcanic domes erupted over the past 300,000 years in Lassen Volcanic National Park. Honoring this event, 100 years later, is the vision of the Lassen-Feather River History Month.
The Lassen Volcanic National Park website is here: http://www.nps.gov/lavo
Lake Almanor residents anticipate the month of May will be an explosive time of history and family fun. Coldwell Banker Plumas County urgers locals and anyone else planning to vacation here in the spring to make plans to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park and the communities of the Feather River. Each weekend will be filled with activities, tours and events extending from Lassen Park through Chester, Lake Almanor, Westwood, Greenville, Crescent Mills & Taylorsville.
Things to do in May will include:
• Take museum tours honoring over 200 years of logging, ranching, mining & Maidu Indian history
• Visit displays depicting the awesome geological history of Lassen Volcanic National Park
• Take historical walking tours
• Spend a 1940’s night at the museum
• Attend a USGS Lecture Series at Lassen Park
• Do a local history scavenger hunt
• Take a tour of the devastated area from Lassen Peak eruptions
• Attend local history presentations and lectures
• Ride in the Indian Valley Century Bike Ride
• Attend children’s history & geology activities
• Browse a craft fair
• Bring your bike for a Vehicle Free Day at Lassen Park
• Take a nature walk
• Visit the Indian Valley Gem Display
• Visit an art show
• Play a history game
• Discover a local geocache
For information and a schedule of events, go to www.MountainAffairs.com.
For information on Plumas County real estate and vacation rentals, go to www.sellingplumascounty.com.
About the Company:
Coldwell Banker Plumas County has more than 35 years of experience in real estate services in Plumas County. They are known for their successful ventures in Lake Almanor, Portola and Quincy. They have a highly qualified and experienced team of real estate agents, always ready to assist you at every step. They can help with your family’s needs in homes, ranches and land. They take pride in our integrity.