The Director of Golf at Country Club ,Dick Hyland, awarded the 2014 SWSPGA (Southwest Section Professional Golf Association) Golf Professional of The Year.
Online PR News – 22-January-2015 – Scottsdale, Ariz. (January 2015) – The Country Club at DC Ranch is proud to announce that its Director of Golf, Dick Hyland, has been awarded the prestigious 2014 SWSPGA Golf Professional of The Year.
Dick Hyland, The Director of Golf at Scottsdale Golf Club, The Country Club at DC Ranch has been awarded the 2014 Southwest Section of the PGA’s Professional of the Year. This award is the highest honor given in the Section. Bestowed on a working club professional whose total contributions best exemplify the complete PGA Professional.
The award embraces a wide range of talent and services executed by Scottsdale Country Club and Dick Hyland as evidenced by the PGA’s guidelines and criteria when judging those that have been nominated for this prestigious award.
These guidelines include:
• Demonstration of outstanding qualities of leadership
• Demonstration of strong moral character
• A substantial record of service to the Section and to the game of golf
• Recognized and regarded as a model Scottsdale country club PGA Professional
Scottsdale private golf club, The Country Club at DC Ranch congratulates Hyland on the prestigious award.
About Dick Hyland:
Dick Hyland has distinguished himself as one of the leaders of PGA professionals in terms of club operation management and professionals placed throughout the industry. His teams have operated many professional and amateur tournaments, not to mention his retail expertise, in addition to his playing and instruction ability.
Dick and his wife, Jeri, and their daughter, Kaycie, moved to Scottsdale from Florida in January of 1987. He was the first Director of Golf for Lyle Anderson at the Scottsdale Country Club, Desert Mountain Club, where all 6 courses were designed by Jack Nicklaus. Dick held that position for over fifteen (15) years before he was promoted to President of Lyle Anderson Golf, with responsibilities at The Hokulia Club in Hawaii, Las Campanas in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Dundonald Links, Loch Lomond Golf Club in Glasgow, Scotland, and Superstition Mountain in Arizona. Dick is currently the Director of Golf at Scottsdale golf club The Country Club at DC Ranch in Scottsdale since 2010.
Some of his accomplishments since obtaining PGA membership and Class A status in 1982 are the following.
Dick was the host PGA Professional, or on the executive team for over forty (40) Tour type events, such as:
• The Tradition, a Major Championship on the Champions Tour, the Barclay’s Scottish Open at Loch Lomond Golf Club, The Desert Scramble, The Senior Grand Slam, The USGA Women’s Senior Amateur, The LPGA Safeway International in addition to the numerous Arizona Open, AGA and AWGA Championships.
• He served on the Board of Directors of Southwest Section of the PGA for 3 terms and participated on numerous committees, such as employment, education and tournament.
• He was the first Chairman/Board member of PGA President’s Advisory Board for TaylorMade/Adidas Golf Company in 2000.
• Twice recognized as National PGA Golf Professional of the year, once in Florida and in 1992 by the SWSPGA.
• He was selected as the National PGA Merchandiser of the Year for private clubs in 2001.
• Dick competed multiple times on the Goldwater Cup and Robinson Cup Teams representing the SWSPGA.
• Two consecutive years at the Legend Club during SWSPGA Tournament Series events he set the course record one year and broke it the following year.
• He has competed in the National Club Professional Championships numerous times.
• His SWSPGA awards include Merchandiser of the Year and the Bill Strausbaugh Award which represents members who have distinguished themselves in the field of community and club relations.
• Dick was selected to teach golf instruction workshops and business schools for the PGA of America.
• He Coordinated/operated Golf Digest and Nicklaus Flick Golf Schools since 1979 and was mentored by the late Hall of Fame instructor, Jim Flick.
• In 2012 Dick was awarded the 21st recipient of the Dr. Ed Updegraff award by the AGA, in 2014.
• In 2014 Dick was awarded the Southwest Section PGA Golf Professional of the Year.
Most recently at Scottsdale Country Club ,The Country Club at DC Ranch, Dick has hosted what will be fourteen (14) AGA/AWGA/JGAA or SWSPGA Championships, not to mention the Country Club at DC Ranch has been recognized by the AGA/AWGA and Boardroom Magazine for hosting events, contributions to the game and distinguished Gold Club status.