Mary Jo Foley, notable Author and Editor of the popular blog "All About Microsoft" (blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/), will be the keynote speaker for Smart IT Sessions 2009, a free online web event on Thursday, September 24th 2009.
Online PR News – 01-September-2009 – – Smart IT Sessions 2009 (www.smartitsessions.com) has announced that Mary-Jo Foley, notable Author and Editor of the popular blog "All About Microsoft" (blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/), will be the keynote speaker for Smart IT Sessions 2009, a free online web event on Thursday, September 24th 2009.
The keynote titled "Microsoft in 2010: What IT Managers Need to Know," will provide a roadmap, complete with the latest known (and rumored) Microsoft ship date targets for everything from SharePoint 2010, to SQL Server 2008 R2 and synergies between different Microsoft products that are set to launch in the near term.
This presentation will provide some much-needed guidance for those attempting to plan which new Microsoft products to purchase and deploy.
The Smart IT Sessions 2009 (www.smartitsessions.com) Conference will offer a full day of free, online sessions presented by leaders in the Microsoft Enterprise IT community, including:
* Mary-Jo Foley (Keynote), Microsoft Author, and Editor of the All About Microsoft blog (blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/)
* Paul Thurrott, Author of Paul Thurrott’s SuperSite for Windows blog (www.winsupersite.com)
* Ben Armstrong, Microsoft Program Manager (Virtualization) and Author, Virtual PC Guy’s Weblog (blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/)
* Robert Happy, PMP Project Management Practice, Inc. (www.pm-practice.com)
* Andrew Hopkins, Microsoft veteran and Principal Consultant for Chrysalis BTS (www.chrysalisbts.com)
About Smart IT Sessions
Smart IT Sessions 2009 web-based sessions will be focused on Microsoft Enterprise and Microsoft Office Productivity topics that will give Microsoft Enterprise CIO's, IT Admins, Help Desk Specialists, Customer Support Engineers and Migration Specialists the understanding and tools needed to plan around upcoming Microsoft 2010 releases, Windows 7 migration efforts, Project Management, and IT Innovation in this downturn economy.
Session topics will include:
* Microsoft in 2010: What IT Managers Need to Know
* Microsoft SharePoint ECM, the Vision and Reality
* Is Windows 7 ready for Enterprise Use?
* Office 2010: Separating Fact from Fiction
* Project 2010 and Enterprise Project Management (EPM)
* Microsoft Project 2010 First Look - Tips and Tricks Essentials
* Managing Windows 7 and Office 2010 Roll Out from a Project and End User Training Perspective.
* Support Windows 7 Migration with Virtual PC
About Mary-Jo Foley
Author, Editor of All About Microsoft
ZDNet Blogger and Microsoft strategy, products and technologies expert. Editor of the “All About Microsoft” blog (blogs.zdnet.com/Microsoft) and author of Microsoft 2.0: How Microsoft Plans to Stay Relevant in the Post-Gates Era (Wiley, 2008). Mary-Jo Foley has covered the tech industry for 20 years for a variety of publications, including ZDNet, eWeek and Baseline. She has kept close tabs on Microsoft strategy, products and technologies for the past 10 years. In the late 1990s, she penned the award-winning “At The Evil Empire” column for ZDNet, and more recently the Microsoft Watch blog for Ziff Davis.