The report provides detailed overview on E-commerce market in Malaysia along with its segments.
Online PR News – 29-December-2014 – Malaysia – Malaysia E-commerce Industry Outlook to 2019 - Driven by Internet Penetration and Mobile Access Devices provides detailed overview on E-commerce market in Malaysia along with its segments. The report covers various aspects such as market size of Malaysia E-commerce industry and segmentation on the basis of domestic and foreign markets and by type of markets (travel, retail, deals and others).
The Malaysian E-commerce industry’s revenue has been anticipated continue to grow at a CAGR of ~% during 2014-2019. Given the internet penetration and the government spending, the sector will witness growth throughout the period. The traditional brick and mortal retailers are becoming more IT aware and this has caused a spurt in their IT spending as they are vying to go online to tackle their online counterparts. The E-commerce industry will also increase significantly owing to the increase in the number of internet users in the country which are expected to grow at a CAGR of ~% in the next 5 years.
A major factor which will be responsible for the unprecedented growth of the e-commerce industry is the rise of mobile internet. This global phenomenon will fuel the e-commerce industry’s future growth opportunities. Mobile internet will be a huge catalyst for the industry and the 3G/4G and LTE technologies will take the internet speeds further and benefit the stakeholders of this growing industry. Some major telecom providers have already started providing 4G and LTE services in Malaysia. The increased government spending on the IT sector will continue to grow steadily which will in turn prove beneficial for the entire IT industry and hence, help in prospering the e-commerce industry in Malaysia. The Malaysian online population is relatively young with a major chunk of people in the lucrative 15-34 years age group also known as the prime target demographic for online shopping.
The entry of foreign players’ in the Malaysian E-commerce industry will although hurt the competitiveness of domestic players in the market, but on a macro level, the same will help the e-commerce industry in Malaysia to grow. The domestic players are already taking the lead on foreign websites in the market with ~% of the online sales in Malaysia being attributed to domestic market. A CAGR of ~% will be maintained in the next 5 years in the e-commerce industry in Malaysia, thus taking the online shopping trend to the next platform.
The internet population in Malaysia will cross ~ million by the end of this year and is expected to grow in the future as well. The availability of cheap smart phones and laptops have made internet accessible to a whole new demographic. The advent of tablets and smart watches has also broadened the spectrum of internet usage. The Malaysian m-commerce industry’s revenue will continue to grow at a CAGR of ~% during 2014-2019, which shows the power the mobile internet exhibits in the e-commerce sector in the country. Given the internet penetration, rise of mobile internet and access devices and the government spending, the sector will witness growth throughout the coming 5 years i.e. 2014-2019. The SMEs are becoming more IT aware and this has caused a spurt in their IT spending with a number of SMEs going online to set up shop. This trend will continue in the coming years as SMEs are growing at a rapid pace and are becoming aware of the threat posed by their online counterparts.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
• Market Size of E-commerce Industry in Malaysia by Revenue
• Market Segmentation of E-commerce Industry in Malaysia on the basis of domestic and foreign markets
• Market Segmentation of E-commerce Industry in Malaysia on the basis of Type of Markets (Travel, Retail, Deals and Others)
• Number of SMEs in Malaysia and their E-commerce readiness
• E-commerce User’s Profile in Malaysia
• Competitive Landscape of Major Players by Type of Markets in Malaysia
• Trends and developments in Malaysia E-commerce Industry
• Issues and Challenges in Malaysia E-commerce Industry
• SWOT Analysis of Malaysia E-commerce Industry
• Mergers and Acquisitions in Malaysia E-commerce Industry
• Government Regulations in Malaysia E-commerce Industry
• Market Size of M-commerce Industry in Malaysia by Revenue
• Future Outlook of the industry and projections of E-commerce Industry in Malaysia and by segments on the basis of Revenue.