DoJiggy announces the five nonprofit organizations that received $1,000 grants as part of the 2014 annual DoJiggy Giving™ program.
Online PR News – 18-December-2014 – Boulder, CO – Fundraising software services provider, DoJiggy, announces the 2014 award recipients for their annual DoJiggy Giving™ program, which supports nonprofits and community organizations through cash donations based on a percentage of the company’s annual profits.
2014 marked the 6th year that DoJiggy hosted the annual DoJiggy Giving Awards. This year, the Giving Program distributed $5,000 in cash awards to five non-profit organizations operating in North America or Canada with a budget of under $1 million USD. Each award recipient received a $1,000 grant to support specific fundraising programs. Award recipients were selected based on the following criteria: (1) Overview of the organization’s cause and need for financial support (2) Efforts to spread the word and gain support for their nomination via social media and votes via the Giving program Facebook contest.
$1,000 awards were presented to the following organizations:
* RosaLuz is a charity organization dedicated to improving the lives of underprivileged and at-risk youth. The $1000 DoJiggy grant will go towards a youth mentorship pilot project that will launch in 2015 for at-risk middle school students in the Charleston county area.
* Mary’s Place by the Sea is a respite home which provides holistic services that compliment medical treatment for women with cancer. The $1000 grant will be used to cover the costs for four women to have an overnight stay with treatment at Mary’s Place.
* Free2Luv is a nonprofit that aspires to empower and uplift youth in an attempt to minimize bullying and teen suicide. With the DoJiggy grant, Free2Luv will continue to grow their We Care program, a program that gifts empowerment packages to children being bullied and/or going through a difficult time.
* Civic Support strives to provide outreach and strategic business development to struggling or growing nonprofits. The $1000 DoJiggy grant will allow this organization to amplify its student internship program by providing an office space.
* The Northwest London Resource Centre (NWLRC) is a neighborhood-based, non-profit organization in London, Ontario, that champions community development through empowering young people and building connections between youth and their community. The $1000 grant will go towards creating a new community space.
“We are amazed to see the various ways people dedicate their lives to making the world a better place,” explains Lisa Bennett, Director of the DoJiggy Giving program. “The decision is always very difficult, and we are proud to have a small role in supporting these organizations.”
When selecting award recipients, DoJiggy reviews the required criteria while considering total contest votes and participation. However, the company also strives to award organizations with diverse missions and goals. This year grants will support a variety of causes including: programs to empower children struggling with bullying and depression, improving the lives of underprivileged and at-risk youth, offering support to women with cancer, providing business services and resources to nonprofit organizations, and offering community assistance and emergency food to families during difficult times. Learn more about the DoJiggy Giving program.
Founded in 2003 and based in Boulder, Colorado, DoJiggy is a leading provider of easy, affordable, online fundraising and event management solutions for nonprofits, schools, churches and community organizations. Using the DoJiggy suite, customers implement online fundraising and event management with tools designed for golf tournaments, online donations, charity events, auctions, walkathons and online pledge collections. Today the company helps more than 1,400 customers to plan and execute fundraising events and initiatives more effectively. http://www.dojiggy.com