As community theater group in New York our goal is to entertain & involve the greater Westchester County and Lower Hudson Valley region. For over 40 years we have produced between 4-5 plays each year: comedys, dramas, one-acts, workshops, musicals, Broadway and original works. All-volunteer non-profit group.
Online PR News – 24-March-2009 – – ATTENTION ALL PLAYWRIGHTS
The Hand-to-Mouth Players announces the Call for Manuscripts for its 18th Annual Award Winning Playwright / Director's Workshop.
To be presented in Buchanan, NY in Early October 2009 - Up to Six one act plays will be chosen and performed.
We need Manuscripts for One-Act plays - no more than 25 min. in length.
Minimal staging. Casts of 5 or less preferred.
Deadline: April 30th, 2009
* Submit complete manuscript by e-mail, or snail-mail, to address below. $10 submission fee for each play, sent to address below. Check payable to HTM Players. Check must be received before play will be considered.
* Play must be previously unpublished.
* Include a title page with the following information: Name, Address, Phone number, E-mail Address, Approx. length of play (in minutes). DO NOT put your name on any other page!
* Every page of the play should have the title and page number.
* Manuscripts will NOT be returned.
* Critiques will not be given on those plays not chosen for the workshop.
A representative from the Theatre Association of New York State (TANYS) will adjudicate the last performance. Feedback will be given to the playwrights, directors, actors, and the individual productions. Audience members will also participate with anonymous comment sheets.
E-mail Manuscript to: PDW2009@htmplayers.com
Mail manuscript/check to:
Playwright / Director's Workshop
P.O. Box 163
Montrose, NY 10548
For Questions contact: Gary Simon, Artistic Liaison: Gary.Simon@htmplayers.com