Health Data Services, Inc., a leader in the health information technology market, announces that MedLedger has successfully completed the e-Prescribing certification process required to use the SureScripts® network.
Online PR News – 31-August-2009 – – Charlottesville, VA -- Health Data Services, Inc., a leader in the health information technology market, is pleased to announce that MedLedger, its certified (2010) medical practice management and EMR software product, has successfully completed the e-Prescribing certification process required to use the SureScripts® network (formerly known as SureScripts-RxHub).
SureScripts is the infrastructure to which technology vendors, pharmacies, payers, and pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs) connect in order to exchange medication information electronically according to industry standards. SureScripts operates the country’s largest electronic prescribing network. Most retail pharmacies in the U.S. and many mail order pharmacies can receive e-prescriptions through the SureScripts network.
The certification means MedLedger is poised to roll out new e-Rx functionality -- making prescription writing more efficient, accurate, and complete, and enabling users to improve overall patient care with the following functionality.
• Searching for drugs is quick and easy with auto-complete technology that allows you to select from a list of suggestions based on what you type, as you type it. An expanded drug database includes over 38,000 drugs
• Easily determine benefits, formulary, co-pay, and coverage data based on selected benefit source (insurance plan)
• Prescription writing is efficient and complete with user-friendly SIG defaults and editing tools, pharmacy notes, and dispensed sample details
• Quickly see therapeutic and formulary alternatives for the selected drug
• Avoid interaction errors with automatic drug-to-drug and drug-to-drug allergy interaction checking
• See patient pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) drug history as established by claims and point-of-sale dispensed drug data
• Review additional coverage information like prior authorization, medical necessity, and step therapy
• Pharmacy data is pre-populated based on the patient’s last prescription, or you can select a different pharmacy
• Send a new e-Prescription electronically to mail order and retail pharmacies (in the SureScripts network)
• Receive, and respond to, electronic requests for renewals from pharmacies (e-Renewals)
About Health Data Services, Inc.:
(HDS) was founded in 1988 with the mission of helping the small healthcare provider. MedLedger represents its latest solution to enable medical practices to maximize revenues, enhance reimbursements, improve cash flow, and increase efficiencies in medical billing and other key practice areas. HDS provides claims clearinghouse services, print and mail services, eligibility, EOB posting, and coding services, HDS enjoys a reputation for professionalism and courtesy, and consistently earn high marks for our attentive client service.